 Castle / 13211
Re: Castle De Laroux
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 18 May 2002 03:36:05 GMT

Thanks,
  I really enjoy the photography so adding the construction shots gives life to
it. Did you get to the 3rd page with the full scenes of the Treb. I built the
treb about 2 years ago after a friend and I considered building a backyard
version. Anyway it fires the 4x4 rounds accross a 10 ft room.

  Back when people were bashing BURPS, I hoarded a bunch of them from Ebay as
well as the number of them that were in kits. I still have more to add in the
next version to expand it a little more. Glad you like the rock affect.

  I tested some of the Ideas for Defenses in the PC game Stronghold and the
look  and function from lego castles and real pictures in architecture books.
Next I want to build a second wall of defense to model the era of seige engines
where attaching troops would be caught between walls before penatrating inner
defences.

Look for more color integration, the king has his eye on some colorfull stone.

In lugnet.castle, Leonard Hoffman writes:
i really enjoy the "in process" shots with partially built walls. the yellow
trebuchet (sp) almost looks like a crane, like of the construction crew
building the castle. ha!

the castle, as it stands, looks very formidable.. large and inpregnable.
the use of rock pieces as the foundation looks very real.  i also like the
use of the ninja wall pieces right around the front gate, it gives the feel
of extra defences.

the keep has a real luxurious feel, like a victorian era tower.  just the
place where the king would consent to live and conduct the business of
running a kingdom!

an excellent test.. i eagerly await the "real" thing!

peace
-lenny