 CAD / Development / 5725
5724  |  5726
Subject:
Ldraw.organization (was: License revision 1)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 17:41:29 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Tim Courtney wrote:

"Steve Bliss" <steve.bliss@home.com> wrote in message
How does the phrase "Ad-hoc, self-selected totalitarian committee" sit with
you? ;)

Hehe..
Well given the nature of LCAD, its pretty difficult to select who is going to
lead.  But on the other side, having a panel of say 5-9 people who 'govern' LCAD
might not be such a bad idea.  What would happen if LDraw.org decided to collect
donations for projects?  For one, I am not comfortable handling (managing) large
amounts of group money, so there creates a need for some sort of treasury, and
there would need to be a governing body over that treasury.

I think it would be sufficient if we officially accept our somewhat
anarchic approach.  Basically, we could have (appoint, elect) specific
officer positions, such as 'server admin', 'primary evangelist', 'parts
library administrator', 'innocent bystander'.  The group of officers would
comprise the 'ldraw.org committee', who would have to responsibility of
keeping things going, and possibly deciding on issues.  There wouldn't be
any ruling hierarchy[1] -- all officers would be on an equal level.

I think that the pros outweigh the cons in
creating some sort of panel, where none is the 'leader' but all can disucss and
vote on issues which will benefit LCAD.

Yeah, what he said.

--
Steve
1) We could all select rank labels, if it makes us happy.  I get 'Supreme