 CAD / Development / 5695
5694  |  5696
Subject:
License revision 1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 13:24:34 GMT

  Based on some feedback, here's a revised copy of the license. I hope
it addresses more concerns raised here, while keeping it free.

  Note that paragraph 5 is only for commercial applications, L3P is not
subject to it.

  This library is provided 'as-is', without any express or implied
  warranty.  In no event will the authors be held liable for any damages
  arising from the use of this library.

  Permission is granted to anyone to use this library for any purpose,
  including commercial applications, and to alter it and redistribute it
  freely, subject to the following restrictions:

  1. The origin of this library must not be misrepresented; you must not
     claim that you wrote the original library. If you use this library
     in a product, an acknowledgment in the product documentation is
     required.
  2. Altered versions must be plainly marked as such, and must not be
     misrepresented as being the original library.
  3. This file may not be removed or altered from any distribution.

  If this library is used with a commercial application then it's use
and
  redistribution is also subject to the following conditions:

  4. All library contributors must be granted a full license to use the
     application for only a nominal fee to cover the physical act of
     transferring a copy of the application.

  5. If the library or parts of it are converted to another format then
     the source code of the program used to convert the library must
also
     be made available.

  If you would like to use this library under other licenses, write to
the
  authors to ask for permission; we sometimes make exceptions.

[INSERT LIST OF CONTRIBUTORS (authors + maintainers)]

Leonardo