 CAD / Development / 5727
Re: License revision 1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 17:42:52 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Tim Courtney wrote:

I'd rather not rev the license document every time we get a new author.

Good idea.  Steve, you should put yourself in there as well, IMO.

I am.  Don't you see me?  "Authors are listed in the parts files they
contributed to."

But you also run the parts update...so shouldn't you get an individual mention
like the rest of us there?  I think you should, but if you don't want to, I
understand.

All the rest of you are exceptions, who have to be listed out, because you
haven't written any parts.  Actually, I should double-check that Jacob and
Terry *don't* have their names in any part files.

Anyway, I think I'm leaning against that particular clause in the license
-- too unusual, too confusing, and too controversial.

BTW - we're really close to the next big release at LDraw.org - only one thing
needs to be put in place.  I hope it will all be online tonight, but the final
piece is not under my control.  I think everyone will like it :-)

As long as that missing piece isn't "Part Update 2000-03". ;)

Steve