 CAD / Development / 5731
Re: License revision 1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 20:00:43 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:

Anyway, I think I'm leaning against that particular clause in the license
-- too unusual, too confusing, and too controversial.

  If you mean the "ask for another license" clause, it's not unusual. I
got this idea from GPL:

  10. If you wish to incorporate parts of the Program into other free
programs whose distribution conditions are different, write to the
author
to ask for permission.  For software which is copyrighted by the Free
Software Foundation, write to the Free Software Foundation; we sometimes
make exceptions for this.  Our decision will be guided by the two goals
of preserving the free status of all derivatives of our free software
and
of promoting the sharing and reuse of software generally.

Leonardo