 CAD / Development / 5774
Re: Ldraw.organization (was: License revision 1)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 12:56:29 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:

I'm with James on this one.  Keep ldraw.org as the domain name.  Call the
organization LDraw.org.  The parts library should be the LDraw Parts
Library.

Usually when I say/write "LDraw", I'm using the term as shorthand for "the
LDraw family of programs".  If I actually mean LDraw or LEdit, I'll be very
specific about it.

  I was under the impression that we could get together and write a
completely new program that wouldn't rely on the current LDraw format,
the only thing left from the current programs would be the parts library
imported until parts were redone with the new format and the ability to
import old models.

  Of course, this is a very utopic dream that has a 0.001% chance of
getting done, but I believe that Tim wants to see it happening too. I
think that all people who have their feets on the ground can ignore this
thread. :)

Leonardo