 CAD / Development / 5726
Re: Rubber Black (was: New Part - 30187 Minifig Motorcycle with 3 Wheels Body)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 17:42:34 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Steve Bliss writes:
There's definitely precedent for establishing a distinct color code that
will also inform material/texture settings for advanced renderings (ie,
having a "rubber black" separate from "regular black").

Personally I feel that just using color codes to establish color/texture is the
best move. We have 512 (and we could use more if necessary) currently and how
many of those are actually valid and in use? Using a separate statement for
texture would allow us easier flexibility in the future, but I fear that's
going to start cluttering the .DAT more and more.