 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 2057
Re: New Part - 30187 Minifig Motorcycle with 3 Wheels Body
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 03:09:11 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Paul Easter wrote:

Hello,
Can someone take a look at my next set of parts and give me some feedback. I
have been working on this Minifig 3 wheel motorcycle for a LONG time now and
would like to consider it done. However I will welcome any comments or changes.

Wow!  They look great! :)

Thanks! They were a challenge. Especially to get all the parts to fit
together. When I dis-assembled the base and the body, the base distorted
slightly, and I had to find another assembled bike.

Comments, keywords, category, etc????

I haven't looked at the DAT code in enough detail to make many comments
about it.  What I did look at, looked good.

ok.

The orientation of the parts looks just right.  I agree with the
categorization of the motorcycle parts under "Car".

It was the only one that made much sense... Will the 2 wheel motorbike go
here too?  I believe someone else is nearly finished with it.

I'm not sure about the the "Minifig Motorcycle with 3 Wheels" name.  I
don't *dislike* it, but I wonder if there's something better. Specifically:

Lutz had these two lines in his list;
30189  Tricycle Pivot
30190  Tricycle Front Wheel Center
I personally like Tricycle, but I had a suggestion to change it, so I did.

- Is there a general, non-trademark name for three-wheeled motorbikes?
- Is the leading "Minifig" a good thing?  Since the advanced categorization
is "Car", throwing the parts in the middle of the Minifig parts
(alphabetically) could be misleading.
The more I think about it, I don't think it should be there(Minifig).

- Might there be some word or term that would cover all the minifig/prefab
vehicles: the motorcycle, the bicycle and the motortrike.

Cycles, other vehicles?

These files:

30189C1.DAT   Minifig Motorcycle with 3 Wheels Handlebars shortcut
30187C1.DAT   MotorBike Body 3 wheel complete shortcut

should be changed to:

30189C01.DAT  Minifig Motorcycle with 3 Wheels Handlebars Shortcut
30187C01.DAT  Minifig Motorcycle with 3 Wheels Shortcut

I actually had a "0" in them, and I think I noticed a few other parts that
didn't have it, so I removed it. It's pretty easy to change it.

side note: I think we should change the nomenclature "(Complete Assembly
Shortcut)" to simply "Shortcut" for all files.

Ok. I agree.

Could you make another shortcut file?  One that would include a minifig
rider?  This file would be:

30187C02.DAT  Motorcycle with 3 Wheels with Rider Shortcut

Should the minifig be a shortcut as well, or all the minifig pieces with the
bike in one file? The head will need to be verticle for helmet placement, if
possible, right?

0 KEYWORDS minifig, tricycle, motorbike, motorcycle, motor, cycle

You could add "ATV", "chopper", "Town", "City Centre", and any other themes
you can think of.

ok, I'll add them.  :-)

Colorwise, I'd make the wheel centres white in the shortcut files.  I did a
(very) short survey, and it looks like white is the predominant wheel-hub
color for motortrikes.

This is what I thought... The few we had all had white wheels, however, we
had some yellow wheels that came on other sets. I didn't check to see if
other sets had white or other color wheels.

Also, I'm unsure about using color 256 for the tyres in the shortcut files.
There was some discussion around using that color, but I don't think there
was any clear acceptance of it as an official "matte black".

Should I change these to "0" for black? :-\

Paul

http://www.geocities.com/pneaster/lego_parts.htm (finished parts)
http://www.geocities.com/pneaster/lego_todo.htm (in process)
http://www.geocities.com/pneaster/lego_todo2.htm (planned)