 Off-Topic / Fun / 6312
Re: someone mention my name?...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 20:53:41 GMT

Franklin W. Cain wrote:

(Notice "follow-up"...)

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss writes:

BTW, every time I type your name, I have to restrain myself
from calling you Frank.  That's something I wouldn't have even
thought of, if you hadn't put it in your sig.  ;)

*Sigh*...  I *had* to start putting that in my email "sig",
'cuz of the number of in-duh-viduals who, after seeing my name
as _Franklin_W._Cain_ (*full* first name, *plus* middle initial),
would start off by saying/writing, "Hi, _Frank_",
and then I would have to restrain the impulse to throttle them.

That's all right, I always have to deal with folks who can't understand
that my name isn't short for something else. Frankly my dear, I'm just a
plain old "Frank", not Franklin, or Francis, or Frankie, or anything
else...

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com