 CAD / Development / *11275 (-100)
  Re: The dead Parts Tracker (was: Problem with account)

It's not dead yet! It's feeling better... (...) As of about half an hour ago. :) Well, mostly. (...) Mostly technical difficulties, and some availability issues. Steve (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Parts Tracker Status

Thanks, Steve!! -Tim (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Parts Tracker Status

The Parts Tracker is back online and open for business! The URL is the same as always, (URL). There are two outstanding issues that we'll hopefully be able to resolve soon: 1. Because of differences in the nature of the server, submissions and (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw) !!

  Re: Elections and Membership in ldraw.org

(...) Yup! Soon! Not _exactly_ the way we brainstormed about it, but effectively the same result, I think. I don't think we'll go back automatically and retroactively convert news-posting accounts, for example. I think there'll be a transition (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.admin.general)

  The dead Parts Tracker (was: Problem with account)

Do you guys have an estimate on when this will be working again? Is this an issue of technical difficulties, or are we waiting for someone to get back from vacation? And yes, I know this is all volunteer work. I greatly appreciate having this great (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) I would be one of those who would be prevented from voting (at least this year), and I don't have a strong objection to not being able to vote. The restriction is designed to make the LSC a technical group voted on by technically involved (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) I personally feel the restriction is a good idea. However, playing devil's advocate, I feel obliged to point out that since it would increase my voting power (since I am eligible as a software author), it's in my best interests to be in favor (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: motm/sotm

(...) I agree somewhat, but I think it's better than having no contest in the mean time. -Tim (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: motm/sotm

(...) We _could_. But it would limit participation in the vote more than I would like. Play well, Jacob -- LEGO boats: (URL) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: motm/sotm

(...) I'd have to check with Terry and Steve, but I think it's a backup issue. I wonder if in the mean time, we couldn't run MOTM via LUGNET's poll system? -Tim (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  motm/sotm

Hi, With all the problems ldraw.org has had over the last few weeks, what happened with March's contests? The site is still showing February's winners. <disclosure> I'm asking mainly because I had an image entered and the suspense is killing me (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) UTC of course! ;-) Play well, Jacob (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) I dunno - that depends on the tech guys who create the voting system. GMT or EST (New York) sounds good to me. -Tim (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) 5 days sounds good ... which time-zone are we talkin' about, Tokyo, Servertime in DK, GMT, NY or LA ;-)? w. (GMT +01:00) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) there are reasons why I put stress on a restriction. (URL) took me almost a year to get a deeper understanding of the stuff I was dealing with and feel comfortable with cond. line, BFC, bad vertex sequences and the like. 'til one hasn't (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) Great, thanks! Ultimately, the means of communication should be up to the elected LSC members to decide for themselves. If I had my say, I like the idea of a mailing list on LDraw.org, which posts messages automatically to a LUGNET group for (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) Hi Tim, Give me a hollar if you would like a special group for this on LUGNET. If you have a list (either static or dynamic) of email addresses whom you want to grant posting access, it would be fairly easy for me to set things on LUGNET such (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) I like 5 days. Start the votes on Wednesday and end on Sunday. As far a people on vacation, the vote is the same time every year and there are enough public terminals to facilitate voting -Orion (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) I agree with Tim and have no objection to vote limitation. -Orion (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

Here's an idea: treat it like Model-of-the-month. Have the candidates draw themselves up in .LDR format and submit the files... (...) (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) A week sounds good. I'd even go 10 days maybe, including two weekends (believe it or not,people go on vacation in the summer and not all of them are deranged like me and take their laptops with them and check email and LUGNET each day (...) (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) I'm tempted to say a week - 3 days would miss people that can only deal with such stuff on weekends, or weekdays... Dan (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) This needs to be changed - voting should be open for longer than one day, to give everyone the opportunity to vote. What do people think? I think it should be open 5 days or less, probably something like 3. Thoughts? -Tim (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) I've been thinking about this and I think I mildly favor LSC elections open to all ldraw.org members. But I waver on it. (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) Ok :-) (...) Cool. Anyone else care to add their .02? -Tim (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Elections and Membership in ldraw.org

(...) ...on the technical end of things, I think we should get a voting and membership system in place. Once that has been taken care of and tested, open up membership for the purpose of electing the first LSC. -Tim (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) I'm actually half and half on it. I do see reasons why to limit it, but for some reason I'm a little wary of accepting it without discussion. (...) Well, at least I haven't noticed it before, otherwise I would have probably mentioned it. But (...) (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Elections and Membership in ldraw.org

(...) great! So what's the next step? Dan (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) Both, but moreso that only LSC-eligable. I'd rather the LSC be selected by people who are familiar with the other programmers and potential members, as well as the issues the LSC will be dealing with. I think this is a very important concern, (...) (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Perl Help

(...) Dan (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) huh. (...) you're supporting that only LSC-eligable can vote, or that the ad-hoc group can vote? I think everyone can vote - but if we say that's not so, then I think the ad-hoc part should be removed. Why the special treatment? On Mon, May (...) (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Perl Help

(...) And for lots of random tips tricks and forums, there's (URL) (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) That statement (aside from the ad-hoc addition) was in Version 0.6, the first version I posted publicly. I found it in my local text file, as well as in the post here: (URL) strongly in favor of at least restricting the vote to only those (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) I don't believe the beginning part is new (eligible LSC members can vote) it is new, but I added the ad-hoc group in there for those in the ad-hoc who are ineligible for LSC membership. Track Changes didn't highlight it in Word. I am for that (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Lego XML?

Here is an idea! Anyone used Rover before? (URL) idea is you have "block-sets" that you customize using XML to create worlds. The concept could be adapted for sets, very easily. IMO: I think it is a little redundant to have the same 2Lx2Wx1H block (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LSC Proposal 0.99

(...) This is new? Only the committee and people who are eligable for membership in the LSC can vote? I thought we were defining the general membership in LDraw.org so that everyone can vote? I think this paragraph should say: LDraw.org Members will (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  LSC Proposal 0.99

I think it's time to post the 0.99 draft of the LSC proposal. I've pasted it below with mo revision marks. You can see an HTML document _with_ revision marks here: (URL) think we're 99% of the way there to having a final draft - and if there are no (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Perl Help

(...) in addition to activestate's site, you can look at perldoc.com for all the man pages (which should have been installed with perl anyway), and also at search.cpan.org for modules. Dan (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Perl Help

Sorry for the off topic post but there are a lot of developers here that might be able to help me. I learn code best by looking at a file and looking up all the stuff I don't understand in a help file or documentation. I taught myself VB and Delphi (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Parts tracker down?

I have been unable to access the parts tracker for about a week now. Does anybody know what is going on with it or when the problems will be fixed? (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LPub 2.2.0.0 Available

(...) On the Building Instruction tab, uncheck the construction images checkbox. Now pull down the Generate->Instruction Images. It will only produce PLIs and BOMS. Kevin (...) <snip> (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Elections and Membership in ldraw.org

Steve Bliss <steve.bliss@earthlink.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4pc2bvo3amq7f4a...4ax.com... (...) I hven't read the whole discussion but this is the wound point. I'm not a real LUGNET member because of the payment. I think a membership is'n a (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Mac Brick CAD (MBC)

(...) You have a Mac with 8 MB of VRAM and you are running at 1024x768 or higher, yes? To get the the rotation to work correctly, switch to 800x600 launch MBC (set that to music and Andrew might get a different set of lawyers knocking on his door:) (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LPub 2.2.0.0 Available - Comma's and Dots

(...) I use the Dutch version of Win98 SE, too. Having this 'local settings' problem with more tools (including my primitive generation Excel sheet) I changed the local settings on my pc to '.' as decimal seperator and ',' as thousand seperator. (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LPub 2.2.0.0 Available - Comma's and Dots

Once again: thanks. This is getting better all the time. Now to get a hang of creating callouts... Another thing, I think I posted this before or replied directly to Kevin: Having a Dutch operating system, Win98 SE, the decimal dots change to (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Mac Brick CAD (MBC)

(...) Fantastic! I look forward to giving you my thoughts on this as I begin using it. Expect commentary in the coming weeks as I find time to work with something that's been a LONG time in coming. Thanks! -Dave (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: JDraw3D, another Viewer/Editor for ldraw files

Hi Cary, I'm sorry to say that, but my app, being based on Java3D requires 3d hardware support for rendering. That means that it runs well on GeForce and Radeon graphic cards series, but not so well on software renderizers. Regarding the first run, (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Mac Brick CAD (MBC)

(...) Cool! (...) This didn't work correctly for me. The rotation axis didn't display when I held down the option key, and drag the mouse and the part doesn't update as it rotates. When I redraw the model (by moving it somehow), the part all of a (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Elections and Membership in ldraw.org

(...) 1..2..3 not me! Seriously though, it's a good idea in the long term, but as you seem to imply, not so feasible in the short term. We have a few more immediate tasks to occupy ourselves, including getting voting up, getting the LSC off the (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Elections and Membership in ldraw.org

(...) D'oh! Yeah, I'm for that one. (...) Right. (...) I'm for it as *one potential* method of verification, but not as *the exclusive* method. -Tim (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  You are going to hate me :)

Start MBC Click cancel at the open file dialogue box Select gray 2x4 brick Select "Delete" from "Edit" menu Insert brick by pressing "command+i" Crash :) Those darn users doing things they shouldn't do. Chris (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Mac Brick CAD (MBC)

(...) Andrew, Thanks, I am downloading it as I type. It is almost time for finals here at Westfield State College, so I woon't be able to play much. However, when grades are done I'll get out my poking stick. Thanks, Chris (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Ldraw.Org Spec 1.0.0 Page

(...) I know I didn't recall LDraw II until a couple months ago when you brought it up to me. My guess is at least the newer members in the community aren't too familiar with it either. Would you mind posting a link for everyone? Maybe I can throw (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC) Draft Proposal

(...) It's in the 0.99 draft, which realistically could be finalized at any time. www.zacktron.com/tem...SC099.html -Tim (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Elections and Membership in ldraw.org

(...) One idea that has (surprisingly?) not come up in this thread is simple recognition of people already in the community. Until LDraw.org gets two people signing up as 'Steve Bliss', there's not much question of my identity. That may or may not (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Elections and Membership in ldraw.org

(...) That's not a bad idea, but it leads to the point that someone (or someones) will have to accept the dues, track the moneys, pay the bill(s). So we'll need a treasurer right away. LDraw.org is an international thing, so there could be fees for (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Ldraw.Org Spec 1.0.0 Page

(...) I'm not sure about the 'into one document' part, but I'll agree with the rest. More basically, we've got a number of different 'flavors' of the LDraw language floating around. I think it would be most useful to have one or more documents that (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC) Draft Proposal

In lugnet.cad.dev, Wayne Gramlich wrote: [snip] (...) I think this sounds like an effective check on 'committees gone wild'. I would definitely support implementation of this process. Steve (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Timeframe for Next Parts Update (was Re: LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC) Draft Proposal)

(...) It would be better to say they are approximately every two months. I'll start working on 2003-02 sometime after I've got the PT back online, and I've got some time for it. I think it's going to be two weeks before I can get to it. Steve (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Moving LDraw.org permanently to Peeron?

(...) I think it's a good idea. I'm hoping Munin will be more stable now that it's been refreshed, but having a more accessible box is a very good thing. Steve (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: JDraw3D, another Viewer/Editor for ldraw files

(...) ... Hi Florin: Somehow I missed the Java 3D part of the installation. There are two choices, DirectX and OpenGL. The DirectX couldn't find a suitable driver on my system, so I installed the OpenGL (presumably software-only) solution. I got (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ldraw.Org Spec 1.0.0 Page

(...) Alright here's the deal. The ultimate aim of the LSC is to compile and consolidate all of the LDraw related file format definitions into one document (1.0.0) and then, once the initial work is done, solicit ideas to further extend or modify (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Mac Brick CAD (MBC)

Awesome! I didn't even know this was in development. Just didn't think to look, I guess. I'll be downloading and learning it soon! Rick Clark (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Mac Brick CAD (MBC)

Announcing Mac Brick CAD (MBC) - formally known as Ldraw Viewer. I guess the program has matured enough to reach Alpha status and a new name as well. This release offers the ability to decode .mpd files correctly I have also eliminated a number of (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac) !

  Re: LPub open source?

(...) Trust me, there's always going to be something else you should do before releasing the source. My personal favorite excuse that the code "just needs to be cleaned up a bit first". Since that's not as much fun as adding cool new features, it's (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ldraw.Org Spec 1.0.0 Page

(...) Hi Orion - Thanks for getting this up. I have a couple observations/questions... You incorporate the original LDraw spec in here (which should be included), but will we draw a distinction between original language LDraw/LEdit will recognize (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub open source?

(...) the (...) Yes. I use borland's Visual Component Library. This gives me all mu GUI, as well as the behind the scenes image manipulations. (...) Kevin (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub open source?

(...) Yes. I know and agree. As I've said before LPub *will* be opened sourced. I promise. It is a question of when. I'd like to get it to a certain level (the page layout and compact PLIs is probably it (maybe language neutral add-on interface for (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub open source?

(...) Are you using anything that is Borland specific (besides project setup)? All I have is MSDEV. Ron (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub open source?

(...) Well, I don't have borland C++ and I'm not sure if you'd consider it helpful, but if you were to open the source there are some things I suspect I would do. I'd probably try to build as much as possible with gcc. Then I might try to replicate (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub open source?

(...) Who, me, vocal? Naah. ;-) I hope you find people to help with the project, as you know, I'm not a programmer. Of course, I'm willing to help test! -Tim (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Elections and Membership in ldraw.org

(...) Right. I (perhaps naiively) assumed the DB cross-checking would help solve that. (...) Cool :-) I'm glad we aren't stuck. -Tim (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LPub open source?

Tim? (...) the (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Elections and Membership in ldraw.org

(...) look at Amy's post, and what she pointed out. For making sure each member is unique, the list (that I snipped) doesn't help. But I suggest we move on anyway, and just require a unique working email address for now. We can try to think of other (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  LD4DModeler 1.0 Available

I've put up the newest version of LD4DModeler, it's the release of 1.0 (finaly). You can find it on (URL) in the 'download' section. Note the new url, It's only a redirector at the moment but I appriciate it if people use this url to link to (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev) !

  Re: Elections and Membership in ldraw.org

(...) The above set sounds OK to me. (...) I think you've found a good balance by the set above. Todd has mentioned a system for cross-checking IDs for uniqueness elsewhere in this thread, which I think is important to be able to claim an off-site (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Elections and Membership in ldraw.org

(...) Maybe I'm missing something...but, wouldn't we only need to validate someone for an LDraw.org member account once? When they sign up, they provide a piece of info to verify their identity, and then they're allowed to create an account with a (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Elections and Membership in ldraw.org

Hi Todd - In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Todd Lehman writes: [...] (...) The systems you outlined above sound cool. It would be great if this could help with verifying people based on LUGNET member ID's. -Tim PS - are you by chance switching over to (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  LPub open source?

If I were to open source LPub on sourceforce, is there anyone out there with borland C++ builder 5.0 that would be willing to help me? I don't want to bother if no one will help. Lots of people want things, but often the most vocal don't have the (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  EPS output from LDGLite (Was: LDraw -> EPS)

(...) Yes. But I need to overcome my strong dislike for C code every time I open a C file to do anything with it. (...) Yes. Take a look at my LEGO purist's fighter> for an example: (URL)and the elimination of occluded polygons. Yes. The above file (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Elections and Membership in ldraw.org

Quoting "Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com>: (...) I was only suggesting that the user provide their LUGNET membership number when voting, really. But I'm not nearly as concerned with Ballot stuffing as say, Dan is. :) J (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LPub 2.2.0.0 Available

My point was that EPS is not as generally useful as say, a page layout mechanism. The step layout controls that I just released are very cool, but when you try to do something like this: (URL) multiple steps packed together, the current mechanism (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw -> EPS (Was: LPub 2.2.0.0 Available)

(...) You really should. I don't have as much free time these days so it's been a bit neglected by me. (...) Most of the code is in gleps.c. That's the part that needs work. Otherwise you can search for the variable EPS_OUTPUT_FIGURED_OUT in main.c. (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 2.2.0.0 Available

(...) I know `pnmtops` very well (there's a bug in one of Red Hat's versions of it), but once you have rasterised a vector image, there is really no way to get back to the quality of the vector image again. Using `pnmtops` you will either get much (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 2.2.0.0 Available

"Jacob Sparre Andersen" <sparre@nbi.dk> wrote in message (...) How about this? pnmtops(1) pnmtops(1) NAME pnmtops - convert portable anymap to PostScript SYNOPSIS pnmtops [-scale s] [-turn|-noturn] [-rle|-runlength] [-dpi n] [-width n] [-height n] (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDraw -> EPS (Was: LPub 2.2.0.0 Available)

(...) No it isn't. Bitmaps with Z buffering are much easier. (...) It sounds like I should spend more time looking at the source code for LDGLite. (...) I'm really too busy to do any work on it now, but I wouldn't mind knowing where to look, if I (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 2.2.0.0 Available

(...) Yeah, but I don't think it's trivial to convert from 3D LDR format to EPS. That's the problem. There are plenty of ways to Convert from a 3D format to a 2D representation suitable for printing, but most of them involve rasterization at some (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 2.2.0.0 Available

(...) But aren't we all interested in being able to make nice compact printable versions of our building instructions? IMO EPS and PDF are ideal formats for that. And since it is reasonably trivial to convert EPS to PDF, it makes sense to make the (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Re: JDraw3D, another Viewer/Editor for ldraw files

Hello Cary, The test on Sun's pages only tells you that the java vm is installed, not that the "applets" in the browser are handled by the java plugin. In IE you can specify a java applet in 2 ways: you can use the <object (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Elections and Membership in ldraw.org

(...) I probably ought to reveal that I expect that I could easily get both a Danish and an Italian digital signature, which it would be non-trivial to show referred to the same person. Play well, Jacob -- Jacob's LEGO trains: (URL) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Ldraw.Org Spec 1.0.0 Page

Since I'm tired of people saying 'I don't like this format' or 'Could please post in this other format' or 'I hate MS so can you make it plain text', etc... I made a Lugnet page for the file format. (URL) it over. Note your suggestions. I'm still (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Lego XML?

(...) format -- the ultimate in text file elegance -- replaced as the de-facto standard for exchanging models online, but an XML-based approach might actually be able to handle a functional superset of .ldr, .mpd, .dat, and .lxf files. If we (the (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Moving LDraw.org permanently to Peeron?

(...) I'd be happy to mirror those files on the 3 web sites that I run : ) -JSM (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Elections and Membership in ldraw.org

(...) That's another possibility, yes. The LUGNET server could generate a cryptographically signed string and e-mail this to a user, who could then cut and paste the string and submit it to the ldraw.org server, which would then decode the string (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Elections and Membership in ldraw.org

(...) I can think of two ways... I'm sure there are probably more. -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- One way is for a member at LDraw.org to declare their LUGNET member id in their LDraw member record and to validate it by declaring their LDraw id in their (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Elections and Membership in ldraw.org

(...) Well it would certainly require support from Lugnet, but I don't think it would require validation of the password - just a confirmation email to the Lugnet registered email would be good enough I think? ROSCO (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: JDraw3D, another Viewer/Editor for ldraw files

(...) Cool. Now if I could just get Netscape7/Mozilla to use the JDK I installed (which has J3D) instead of the one that came with it. Grrrr.... -Kyle (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: JDraw3D, another Viewer/Editor for ldraw files

(...) I take all this back. I just went back to your website and everything works. Strange. -Orion (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: JDraw3D, another Viewer/Editor for ldraw files

(...) No, it's just I misspelled my address. Try bill with 2 l's -Orion (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: JDraw3D, another Viewer/Editor for ldraw files

Hmm Your Yahoo accoutn doesn't like you. :P (...) Even when you download them? The getting *any* applet to work these days, with all the different Plugins, and JDK's, and browsers can be a real pain. You may have JDK 1.4.1 and Java3D 1.3 may be (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact