 CAD / Development / 8878
8877  |  8879
Subject:
LDraw -> EPS (Was: LPub 2.2.0.0 Available)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 13:21:24 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse writes:

Yeah, but I don't think it's trivial to convert from 3D LDR
format to EPS.

No it isn't.  Bitmaps with Z buffering are much easier.

However, it you want to fiddle with it, there is code in ldglite
to dump EPS output.

It sounds like I should spend more time looking at the source code
for LDGLite.

It needs work with the polygon depth sorting, and the elimination
of occluded polygons.  Let me know and I'll point you to the code.

I'm really too busy to do any work on it now, but I wouldn't mind
knowing where to look, if I suddenly find a few spare hours.

Play well,

Jacob
--
Wide-body freight aircraft (with building instructions):
    http://jacob.sparre.dk/LEGO/Transport/Fly/BAe_146-clone/