 CAD / 8012
RE: pictures at tracker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 17 May 2002 18:46:03 GMT

Pre-built?  What?!?  I thought you were the local make expert. ;^)
Seriously though, If an expert at make can't build ldglite then
what's the point of the linux instructions.  Give them a try:

  http://www.ldraw.org/download/start/linux/

Ummm Don. Maybe I should explain that I'm an engineer, and
that means I'm lazy too! I was *wondering* why there were
no pre-built binaries avaialable.

But grab ldglitesrc0_9_5.zip instead of 0_9_4, and skip the two
perl steps because that's supposed to be fixed in 0_9_5.

I already got those last night - I just haven't had
enough personal CPU cycles to go through the build procedure
myself. Nice docs on the linux install, by the way.

Oh, and before I forget, let's all give the folks at LDRAW a
big round of applause for the recent site improvements.

And while you're at it, feel free to give me some tips on my
makefiles.  If you read the comments inside you'll notice that I
had problems with a few things.

Don, make files (unless extremely well documented) have inplicit
author read-only permissions :-) But I'll have a peek anyways!

Cheers, Ralph