 CAD / 8022
Re: pictures at tracker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 18 May 2002 03:44:02 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss writes:
Looking at the readme, there doesn't appear to be an option for the output
file, but this would be best.  -OUTPUT=filepath, or something.

I could've sworn there was an option for this, perhaps it's only in the
ldlite documention, not the ldglite readme.  Anyhow, if there isn't an
option, I'll add one.

I didn't see anything in the LDLite 2.4 when I looked yesterday.  Sorry.

Yeah, the the only output file option was the one for ldraw output without
the ldlite macros.  That's probably what I was thinking about.

If you want to do some testing I just built a preliminary version of
ldglite 0.9.6 on ldraw.org that supports -MSfilepath to change where
the picture file goes.  I figured since -MS (case sensitive) says to
produce pics using the offscreen rendering, I might as well get more
mileage out of it by following it with an optional filename.  Hmmm,
I'm starting to warm up to that = sign though...  Maybe with the =
sign it'll go to a specific filename, without it filepath will just
be a directory.  I'll have to think some more on that one.

I ran this to render a pic with antialiased edge lines in the offscreen
buffer and it seemed to work just fine.

  LDRAWDIR=/usr/local/share/ldraw;export LDRAWDIR
  cd /home/dheyse/ldglite.0.9.6/ldglite
  ./ldglite -l3 -Q -i1 -MS3001.png 3001.dat

I downloaded the 2K png file and it looks fine.  For primitives you
might want to add a -s10 or something like that to scale them up.

Enjoy,

Don