 CAD / 7987
Re: pictures at tracker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 16 May 2002 13:13:55 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.cad, Don Heyse writes:
In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss writes:
One other problem -- ldglite needs to search both the unofficial and the
official libraries for files.  Otherwise, we can't be sure we're picking up
the right subfiles.

I take it the unofficial libraries follow the same directory structure.

Yes, that's correct.

Should it try unofficial files first, or should that be a commandline
option?

Would it be best to have a commandline option like
-LIBPATH=libpatha;libpathb;...  where the libpathX are all paths to any
number of LDraw part libraries?

Actually, I like Larry's suggestion about using symlinks better.  Could
the parts tracker maintain symlinks to all the official parts in the
unofficial library.  If a new version comes in, the symlink gets replaced
with an actual file.  When the part is approved, the hard file in the
unofficial lib gets replaced with a symlink to the official part.  This
way the ldglite search path code doesn't have to change, and I don't
want to change it because I didn't write either of the parsers, that's
Lars' and Gyug's code.

Otherwise, yes, for this purpose it needs to look in the unofficial library
first.  A commandline option to use the unofficial library would be good.

The linux version of ldglite gets the LDRAWDIR path from the environment
so I'm not sure an additional command line is necessary.  Just change
the environment variable before running.

Should it have an option to save the pics in a similar directory
structure?  Right now I think it only saves in LDRAWDIR/bitmaps, and
with some odd naming scheme for individual STEPs, and possibly viewing
angles.  Although... I think there may be a command line option for an
output filename, which might apply to pic files.

Looking at the readme, there doesn't appear to be an option for the output
file, but this would be best.  -OUTPUT=filepath, or something.

I could've sworn there was an option for this, perhaps it's only in the
ldlite documention, not the ldglite readme.  Anyhow, if there isn't an
option, I'll add one.

Don