 CAD / 7961
Re: pictures at tracker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 15 May 2002 19:13:24 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Kyle McDonald writes:
Steve Bliss wrote:
If it has to retrieve all subfiles from the ldraw.org server, and doesn't
cache them, that would be bad. :(

It would definately cache them. I could optionally load them from ldraw.org
the first time (and would always for the file being displayed) or it could
possibly load subfile references from your current local parts library. While
that would be quicker, it may not be desired if the new part requires a new
subfile.

I thought a java applet doesn't have access to the local file system
for security reasons.  A java application on the other hand can access
the current local parts library, but you can't run that from a browser
without jnlp or something like that.

Are all the parts and subparts available at ldraw.org on an individual
basis?  Or can you just grab the zipped parts file and treat it as
a jar file?

Don