 CAD / 2610
Re: Datsville
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 17:02:43 GMT

Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
news:37d53ba8.13722823@lugnet.com...

Plus, it would open the door to advanced features for Datsville, to allow
users more interactive viewing.

Right now, with only a few buildings, the single view is great (BTW, you
did a nice layout, John!).  But if Datsville really grows, it would be cool
if people could rotate the view, or fly around, or zoom in.  Or just be
able to click a building to get the building plans.

Of course, stuff like that also depends on having a plan to implement,
people to develop, and server capacity to dish it out.

This is without a doubt the Holy Grail for Datsville (and display of Ldraw
files in general.)

POV animation is a start, but something more along the lines of VRML would be
much better.

Whatever I can do to help, I will.  But I suspect most of the heavy lifting
must be done by others with more relevant skills, experience.

-John Van