 CAD / 2556
Re: Datsville
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 5 Sep 1999 00:01:20 GMT

On 09/03/1999, at 10:53 PM, John VanZwieten wrote:

In lugnet.cad, Ryan Dennett writes:

I'm going to send the files to just you because I don't want to really
release the .dats until my webpage is up. I'll send all the trucks
separate,
but I'll include lines in the station file so that if you want they will
already
be positioned at the station. Now don't panic when I tell you this...
there
are seven vehicles that go to that station :) Oh, and also, I need my • two
32x32 lots on gray, not black or green, gray.

You got 2 gray 32x32s, just make sure you landscape any area not used by • the
station or driveways/parking lots.  Your station doesn't by chance have • bay
doors on both sides, does it?  The streets on the long sides of your plot • are
1-way, so it would be good if the firetrucks could exit on either side.

OK it's officially done. I need to build one more truck and that will put
the closing 0 at line 999. The trucks are not inlined either. One thing
that I do need to know is what color(s) should the trucks be(1)??
Anyone, please give input here.
Also, John, I just now happened to think of this. I actually have two
truck
bays, the smaller one exits on the BACK side in Ldraw(the front, and long
side of the station, is the LEFT side in Ldraw), and it has swinging doors

because roller doors wouldn't work for the width it needed to be, and it
overhangs it's baseplate by five studs. Since I don't have any road plates

I'm not sure on whether this will cause a problem or not, but I'm sure you
can find a solution.
If worse comes to worse I do have another not as nice station that
I've done. The only real possible problem with this one is that the
bay doors are on the ends, rather than the side. I would prefer to
use the one I just finished, though because it looks so much more
real.

It actually might be done tonight, but I guarantee it'll be done this
weekend sometime. It is soooo fun taking apart models piece by
piece and then putting them back together piece by piece :--)

This project is a bit addicting, no?

Oh, be quit :)
Tonight I build the main engine and then it's really complete.

Ryan

(1) here are some color(s) that I think would be best

Red
Red w/black (think Chicago)
Red w/white (think Chicago, but replace black with white)
White
Black w/yellow (think RES Q theme)
Yellow (well I'm sure we've all seen a yellow fire truck before)
Blue (yes, blue, but it wouldn't be my first choice)
Green (see note on blue)

And if anyone has any other ideas, please feel free to share.