 CAD / 2592
2591  |  2593
Subject:
Webwasher (Was: Datsville)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 6 Sep 1999 23:50:20 GMT

WebWasher is a Freeware program from Siemens. It is for non-commercial usage
only, and can be downloaded from:
http://www.siemens.de/servers/wwash/wwash_us.htm
From WebWasher Help:

What is WebWasher?

WebWasher is a software add-on for Netscape and Microsoft browsers which makes
it easier to find useful information on the Web.

Benefits

· Removes advertising on Web pages while you surf.
· Filters pop-up windows.
· Loads pages faster.
· Saves up to 45% network bandwidth.
· Detailed statistical functions.
· Easy installation.
· Smart Update with push-button upgrade.
· No need to install the software on each PC in a network. Allows user to run
WebWasher as a proxy that others can access.
· Can write a Common Logfile.
· Does not modify any existing winsock DLL or settings/registry.

My personal experience is very positive. The only problem I have had was that
it messed up my Netscape mail. Probably just a matter of settings, but I
solved the problem by using Webasher only on Internet Explorer, for viewing
newspapers and sites like GeoCities and Tripod.

/Tore