 CAD / 2605
Re: Datsville
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 16:26:49 GMT

On Mon, 6 Sep 1999 19:45:59 GMT, "John VanZwieten"
<john_vanzwieten@msn.com> wrote:

In lugnet.cad, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:
PS: Does it make sense to host Datsville at ldraw.org? - And
   would you accept the offer?

I think it does make sense, and I'm open to the idea as long as it's just as
easy for me to make updates, upload files, etc.

Plus, it would open the door to advanced features for Datsville, to allow
users more interactive viewing.

Right now, with only a few buildings, the single view is great (BTW, you
did a nice layout, John!).  But if Datsville really grows, it would be cool
if people could rotate the view, or fly around, or zoom in.  Or just be
able to click a building to get the building plans.

Of course, stuff like that also depends on having a plan to implement,
people to develop, and server capacity to dish it out.

Steve