 CAD / 2529
Re: Datsville
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 1999 21:52:09 GMT

In lugnet.cad, James Brown writes:
In lugnet.general, Ryan Dennett writes:
Very nice, John!! One thing that bugs me though is being able to
see grass through the windows. Would it be possible for you to
change that in an image editing program??

Well, people could make floors.  I understand that's a little weird,
espeically when people are used to putting things on baseplates, but look at
it this way.  Your house in the real world has a floor - why should your house
in Datville be different?  :)

That will solve part of the problem, but since minifig homes often don't have
backs, you end up seeing right through the house.

Perhaps I could add glass to all the windows, then define the glass properties
in POV to reflect and refract the light beyond recognition.  Tips for doing
this are quite welcome.

-John Van