 CAD / 2705
Re: Datsville
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 02:39:43 GMT

At 01:23 PM 09/09/1999 , Kevin Loch wrote:
Well there is no need to duplicate effort, so if someone else already had
that idea I'll let them run with it.

KL

Well, my plans on the MOC archive on ldraw.org are pretty loose and
open-ended.  I have no set pattern for what should go up there, except
maybe a say in the way it is laid out on the page itself.  I was planning
to base everything in the MOC archive off of what was existing in the OMR,
but a whole lot looser, just including necessary storage directories and
author recognitions (plus maybe a two-lined file header add on).  So, if
you want to work on this, please do.  I haven't had a whole lot of time to
continue planning of the OMR, though the vast majority of the standard has
already been set.  There are posts referenced on
http://www.ldraw.org/repository/ which define some of those parameters.

Realistically, I see the OMR becoming a reality late fall to early
winter.  There are a few more aspects of it to bring up to the group and
set in stone, and continue discussion of things already started.  What I
see needing to be done now is finalizing arrangements with
lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets and laying out the review and acceptance process
for a model.  The filenaming convention, header system, and file
construction parameters are 99.9% solidified.

So, if you want to get an archive for Datsville models going on ldraw.org,
by all means, come up with a system for it and then we'll talk about making
the pages.  It could extend into an across the board archive of MOC's in
general and be hosted on ldraw.org.  Something like that would have to link
to each person's page where a model description is available, and could
have the advantage of hosting a model for someone who does not have a page
as well.

Sounds great :)

-Tim Courtney
  ldraw.org Project Coordinator