Re: Datsville
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 17:21:43 GMT

Jacob Sparre Andersen <sparre@sys-323.risoe.dk> wrote in message
news:FHoLu1.H5H@lugnet.com...
Tore Eriksson:

[ hosting Datsville at ldraw.org ]

I don't see any benefit. (Thanks to WebWasher, I don't get
those most annoying pop-up windows from sites like
GeoCities). Of course, Datsville must be linked to
from ldraw.org, but why move it?

+ Some of us do get those annoying pop-up windows[1].
+ I believe I can offer a bit more space than GeoCities.
+ It would be possible to do the renderings on the server.

Can you explain how this would work?  Would this just let me upload the pov
files then run them on the server?  As this thing gets bigger, that would be a
huge advantage.

I can't imagine you mean that a visitor could run their own rendering, but
that would be very cool.

-John Van