 CAD / 2609
Re: ledit questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 16:53:56 GMT

On Tue, 7 Sep 1999 05:13:37 GMT, "Brian Sauls" <barbcue@nospam.home.com>
wrote:

1.  I know of the 1000 piece limit.  Are subfiles counted as one piece, or
do the pieces within the subfiles count too?

Subfiles count as a single piece.  Thankfully. :)

2.  Is there any way to rotate the *entire* model in Ledit while building
it?

No, there isn't.  You can use the Modeller in LDAO to do this.  Open the
modeller (if you haven't use the Modeller, it's likely LDraw will popup.
Just close it).  Using the mouse, locate and click the first part you want
to rotate.  Still using the mouse to scroll, locate the last part you want
to rotate, and do a shift-click to highlight the entire range of parts.
Then press alt-T, Y, and type 180 in the prompt-box.  Don't forget to press
Enter.  Close the Modeller window (saving your model), and you should be
ready to use LEdit again.

3.  Is there a quick and easy way to count the number of pieces within a
model? I found piece count in LDAO, but it only gave me the number of the
different *types* of pieces.  I haven't played with it any further, and it's
quite possible that I may have missed this feature in either LDAO or Ledit.

I never did finish that feature, did I? :(  I don't know of another way to
do this, except to open the model-file in Excel or DOS's Edit program.
Either of those will show you the line-count.

Too, I'm realizing why TLG may not design many houses--the piece counts are
outrageous.

That's the truth.  Houses and pyramids.  Both of them are major part-sinks.

Steve