 CAD / 2598
2597  |  2599
Subject:
ledit questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 05:13:37 GMT

As I was polishing up some of my houses for Datsville, putting backs on
them, adding furniture, finishing roofs, outside details, etc, I wound up
with a few questions:

1.  I know of the 1000 piece limit.  Are subfiles counted as one piece, or
do the pieces within the subfiles count too?

2.  Is there any way to rotate the *entire* model in Ledit while building
it?  I realize that I can start another model with the original model used
as a subfile and rotate it that way, but I'd rather not.  (This problem came
about after viewing the background through my yellow house in Datsville.  I
don't usually put backs on my houses and when I decided to add backs and
innards before posting, I became really frustarated with my lack of a rear
3D view.)

3.  Is there a quick and easy way to count the number of pieces within a
model? I found piece count in LDAO, but it only gave me the number of the
different *types* of pieces.  I haven't played with it any further, and it's
quite possible that I may have missed this feature in either LDAO or Ledit.

All in all, I'm having a blast.  Buildings are the only thing I model.
(Well, there *were* the animals, but....) I try to use only the pieces that
I know actually exist.  I may play with the colors a little, but I (usually)
try to stick with what I know I can eventually lay my hands on.

Too, I'm realizing why TLG may not design many houses--the piece counts are
outrageous.  Sure, they could junior them down with a lot of prefab, but
that's probably worse than not having *any* houses.  And houses are big,
too.  After modeling my parent's house at minifig scale(64x48 studs) , I
decided to try and keep them around the size of the 6372 Townhouse--with
little success, I might add.

Anyhoo,  any help on the questions would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Brian Sauls
(who *knows* he's not alone in Nashville--someone cleared out Target's
clearance rack.)