 CAD / *44825 (-100)
  Re: Can anyone get these parts to intersect at right angles in LDD?

"Philippe Hurbain" <philohome@free.fr> wrote in message news:KLDtB0.Bv7@lugnet.com... (...) From what I and a lurker here figured out in a few emails to each other, it would appear that the problem is that LDD's collision engine is a bit (...) (15 years ago, 17-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: Can anyone get these parts to intersect at right angles in LDD?

(...) Same thing here. I was able to mesh Z36 with Z12 and "almost" z36 with z20. All other combinations that obviously works fine in real world failed. Philo (15 years ago, 17-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Can anyone get these parts to intersect at right angles in LDD?

To TLG: I have found that there is a problem with the two gears, which LDD refers to as "double conical wheel", included in LEGO Factory. These are described in the LDD Factory palette as "double conical wheel Z12 1M" and "double conical wheel Z20 (...) (15 years ago, 17-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ldd)

  Re: LSynth 3.0 setup tutorial updated

(...) Eric, This is awesome! It is exactly why I moved the definition of what can be synthesized out of the code and into lsynth.mpd! I really appreciate people sharing their additions, and especially Willy being the owner of lsynth.mpd. (...) (15 years ago, 16-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, FTX)

  Re: LSynth 3.0 setup tutorial updated

(...) Great news. Thanks! Jetro (15 years ago, 16-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: LSynth 3.0 setup tutorial updated

(...) By the way Willy, you might be interested to know that I have added a part to the lsynth.mpd file to allow me to synthesize a flexible chain of round plates which I used to make this exhaust manifold for a (URL) V-8 engine>. (URL) It worked (...) (15 years ago, 16-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, FTX)

  Re: Mesh Enhancer

(...) I could never get mesh enhancer to work right, but the Anton Raves library does have the part you mention. In that library it is referred to as stwa_r2d2_head. I created the following ar_0553.inc file to use this with LGEO: #ifdef(ar0553) (...) (15 years ago, 16-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Mesh Enhancer

Hello all. I was wondering if anyone could point me towards a copy of Mesh Enhancer. All links on LDraw are obsolete and broken. I have a 2x2 dome dat in serious need of smoothing, and a rendering looking worse for wear. Any help appreciated. Cheers (...) (15 years ago, 16-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Assembled parts, ~ and categories

(...) Hi folks, since there is no opposition to this request I'm gonna unhide the 208 currently at the PT: (URL) since we are here would you confirm that the lenght of the chain has changed over the years form 17.25 Studs to currently 16 Studs and (...) (15 years ago, 16-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth 3.0 setup tutorial updated

(...) Hi Jetro, it'll be a pleasure including them. According to peeron: (URL) name is going to change to "FIBER_OPTIC_CABLE_WIDE" though (not the most meaning full to underline the difference with x401 but it'll do the job). w. (15 years ago, 16-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: LDDP Coplaner Checks

(...) Heartfully agree! Philo (15 years ago, 16-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDDP Coplaner Checks

(...) Hi Orion, short answer: No, move them out. Don't create confusion with different tests and stick to the specs. w. (15 years ago, 16-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw LEGO Ambassadors: Call for nominations

(...) Hi Tim, looks like the job is yours. w. (15 years ago, 16-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw LEGO Ambassadors: Call for nominations

(...) Hi Tim, thx for the nomination but regretfully I'm going to decline. I do not believe that one person should occupy too many chairs within the community: "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost (...) (15 years ago, 16-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  LDDP Coplaner Checks

Now that the coplaner quad is defined in the LDraw spec by planer normals, the dist and det checks used by LDDP (and L3P) are now outdated. I think these checks should be removed, are there any users out there that would like to see them stay? (...) (15 years ago, 16-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Mirror matrix question

(...) --snip-- (...) You are right here. In 3D it gets a bit more complicated and, as far as I know, a mirror and rotation corresponds to a mirroring on a plane and a rotation within that plane. I'm sure there is a way to unravel it all but it's (...) (15 years ago, 16-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  LD4DStudio 1.1 Beta 1 Available

I finally completed LD4DStudio 1.1 Beta 1, You will find it on (URL) version introduces a whole boatload of changes and additions, see the release notes section for a complete overview. (URL) also updated the manual and added some technical (...) (15 years ago, 15-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Mirror matrix question

Hi Kevin, Here's the problem. A mirror plus a rotation can look just like a mirror across another axis. Ugly 2D ASCII art example: .|b --- .|. Mirror the b to the left. d|. --- .|. Rotate 180 degrees. .|. --- .|p That looks just like you mirrored (...) (15 years ago, 15-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Mirror matrix question

(...) Hi Tim, Thanks. Math is not my specialty, so all help is appreciated. If the user has rotated the mirrored submodel, doesn't the vector normal then also get rotated? The hope was there was a way to separate the mirrored aspect of the rotation (...) (15 years ago, 15-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth 3.0 setup tutorial updated  [DAT]

(...) Thanks. I'll use that one then. Let me take advantage of this thread to suggest the inclusion of another element in the lsynth mpd: the Fibre Optics Cable x400. This is the one that came with the RCX, Spybots and several Exoforce sets, has the (...) (15 years ago, 15-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Mirror matrix question

(...) You can also use SR 3D Builder to build your mirrored/symmetric models. You build a side and the program will build the other, mirrored one. It automatically substitute and rotate non symmetric parts and is compatible with lDraw/MLCad file (...) (15 years ago, 15-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Mirror matrix question

(...) Not sure if this helps but... If you solve (M11+1) x + M12 y = - M13 M21 x + (M22+1) y = - M23 and then normalise the vector (x,y,1) the result will be a vector normal to the mirroring plane. To test that you indeed have a rotation/mirror you (...) (15 years ago, 15-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub Bad results with LDView

(...) Way back in olden times we created some programs to automate the mirroring process. (URL) anyone feel like testing the programs out to see how well they hold up with all the new parts available today? Don (15 years ago, 15-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Mirror matrix question

(This should probably have been in lugnet.cad.dev, and I almost put it there, but decided that it wouldn't make much difference.) I don't know the answer to this question. I'm responding any, just to let you know that I did read the question, since (...) (15 years ago, 15-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Mirror matrix question

(...) I don't think so. (...) What if you mirror it again to get back to an unmirrored state, then run the code in mirwiz to create a submodel that only looks mirrored (but actually just flips pieces to look mirrored and substitutes opposite wedges, (...) (15 years ago, 15-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Transparent colors in POV-Ray

(...) I'd say that a nice temporary solution would be just to allow a simple stud shrinking option for L3P generated studs and let people deal with LGEO separately. LGEO has less problems in this regard anyway as many of the parts are created as (...) (15 years ago, 15-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: LSynth 3.0 setup tutorial updated

(...) Jetro, The biggest, most important change between LSynth 2 and LSynth 3, is that the bulk of the synthesized result is defined by lsynth.mpd, so that Willy and others can add whole new synthesis types without the need to change the lsynth (...) (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: LSynth 3.0 setup tutorial updated

(...) Maybe I'm looking at the wrong installer version, but when I run a case and whitespace insensitive diff I see lots of real changes. New constraints and synth types, orientation and part offset tweaks, etc. Right near the top of the file there (...) (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Mirror matrix question

Hi gang, If I have an LDraw Type 1 line that adds a submodel, and the rotation matrix of the line is a mirrored matrix about one and only one axis, can one calculate which axis the model is mirrored about? Can one do so if the user mirrored *and* (...) (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub Bad results with LDView

(...) Well, scratch that analysis. wing2.ldr and wing1.ldr are exactly the same model. When you added wing2.ldr you *did* use mirror matrix. LPub 4.0.0.2 notices that you used a mirrored matrix, and rendered the wing with the mirror matrix rotation. (...) (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub Bad results with LDView

(...) Hi Jaco, The right wing is being rendered weirdly because LPub thinks that the right wing is being added using a mirror matrix. You have wing1.ldr and wing2.ldr in your model. In theory you could get by with just wing.ldr, because wing2.ldr (...) (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Transparent colors in POV-Ray

(...) Shrinking/moving the parts seems like the best way to reduce the flickering, so I'm planning to implement that in the 1.2 version of my program. I guess it's also somewhat a post processing issue depending on how much of a perfectionist the (...) (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Transparent colors in POV-Ray

(...) L3P shrinks whole highlevel parts, thats a feature I was planning to implement later. But if you shrink the whole part the window and brick will still share the same stud dimensions. Shrinking only the studs could cause problems later on when (...) (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Transparent colors in POV-Ray

(...) I thought that l3p did shrink all the dimensions a little bit, so that two adjacent brick's co-planar surfaces don't appear as one surface. I quote from the L3P web page: Seams between bricks To have more realistic renderings L3P can make a (...) (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: DATHeader version 2.0.5 (The Reviewer Tool)

Hello Michael Heidemann DatHeader 2.0.5 does not add CR/LF to the end of a file. This happen when you allow to program format comments (to '0 //' form ). I reference to File Format Restrictions for Official Parts (URL) El'dar Ismagilov (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Transparent colors in POV-Ray

(...) Probably first-come, first-served which is essentially random as far as the user is concerned. As an idea you might be able to work around the problem by shrinking all studs in the completed model. Shrinking them by a couple of percent would (...) (15 years ago, 14-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: LPub Bad results with LDView

(...) I've solved the problem installing the Visual Studio 2008 Runtime. LPub now runs fine. Thanks Travis! Jetro (15 years ago, 13-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Transparent colors in POV-Ray

(...) the real word value), I think part of the flickering is reflections/refractions of the moving cogs. Also, it might help to raise the window a tiny amount (or shrink it) so that the bottom of the transparent part is numerically above the top of (...) (15 years ago, 13-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Transparent colors in POV-Ray

(...) I'm working on some last bugs, the installer and a final sample, every thing else is done. So if the application 'survives' during this last sample I will release it this week. Roland (15 years ago, 13-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: LPub Bad results with LDView

(...) <snip> 15. Allow PLI and callouts placed to the left of the CSI to share the column width in step-groups and callouts. For example: (URL) (15 years ago, 13-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Transparent colors in POV-Ray

(...) When do you think 1.1 is available????? I am waiting for film export!!! Ok, I think your problem can't be solved because the surfaces meet exactly the same plane. So the renderer has to decide which color to take. As both are exactly the same (...) (15 years ago, 13-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Transparent colors in POV-Ray

(...) so I replaced it by trans white in the animation I was working on (The "Experiment" sample of LD4DStudio.). I'm now using: //----Texture for LDraw color 47 "clear" #declare color47 = texture { pigment { rgbft <1.0000, 1.0000, 1.0000, 0.9000, (...) (15 years ago, 13-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: LPub Bad results with LDView

(...) <snip> (...) 14. In classic buffer exchange store, add parts, step, buffer exchange load, you no longer need to GHOST the parts added between the store and step. LPub applies buffer exchanges to the LDraw files before being handed to the (...) (15 years ago, 13-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub Bad results with LDView

(...) Oh, LPub also figures out the bounding box for things placed relative to step-groups and centers them. I also fixed problems with PLIs for step groups that do not have PLI per step. Kevin (15 years ago, 13-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub Bad results with LDView

(...) One of the new features is affecting your swan. When you place callouts, PLIs, etc, relative to the CSI, LPub figures out the bounding box of the collection, and then automatically centers the bounding box on the page. You did this manually, (...) (15 years ago, 13-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub Bad results with LDView

(...) Kevin, Thanks for sharing this anyway :-) I like the new features you added (add pages, cover, images). Do you have a list of new features or changes? FYI: I've noticed there are some differences in rendering. See: (2 URLs) (15 years ago, 12-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSynth 3.0 setup tutorial updated

(...) Thanks for a great documentation job! Just a quick question. I've had a look at the lsynth.mpd file that comes with the new installer and the one that's in the tutorial and except for a few differences in spacing and capitals I don't see any (...) (15 years ago, 13-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Transparent colors in POV-Ray

(...) Try dropping the 'ambient' part. This is how my transparent 'christmas lights' are defined: #declare Color46_t = texture { pigment { rgbf <1,0.905882,0.211765,0.85> } finish { ambient 0.0 diffuse 1.0 phong 0.5 phong_size 40 reflection 0.6 (...) (15 years ago, 12-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: LDraw LEGO Ambassadors: Call for nominations

(...) Thanks Franklin, but right now, due to job constraints, I don't feel I could give this position my full effort. I regretfully decline. -Orion P.S. Maybe next year. (15 years ago, 12-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Transparent colors in POV-Ray

(...) I'm using 3.7 beta at the moment, because it renders considerably faster on my quad core. But the result is the same in 3.6. Thanks for that link, It makes the T parameter a bit more clear. I see now the trick is to use ONLY the T parameter (...) (15 years ago, 11-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Transparent colors in POV-Ray

(...) Background is black by default, I got the habit of using rgbft from (URL) and think it does look a bit nicer than rgbf, but it turns out I did not completely understood the meaning of it (see my answer to mike). As for ior, it's only added if (...) (15 years ago, 11-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Transparent colors in POV-Ray

(...) For which version of POV-Ray you are generating the code? I have just made some tests with 3.6 for windows with your values, and I can not see any faults. Maybe this page give a clue to you (URL) (15 years ago, 11-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Transparent colors in POV-Ray

(...) For reasons that I don't understand, the apparent transparency of things in the final POV output is greatly influenced by the background color. Set the background color to black, and things look substantially more transparent than when it's (...) (15 years ago, 11-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: LPub Bad results with LDView

(...) That did the trick! And with version 4.0.0.2 Thanks! Jetro (15 years ago, 11-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub Bad results with LDView

(...) I hadn't. I have now tried "Clear assembly image cache" and there is no change. I'm having problems installing LPub 4.0.0.1 Jetro (15 years ago, 11-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub Bad results with LDView

(...) I have tried to install LPub 4.0.0.1 several times now (redownloaded after cleaning the browser cache to make sure the file wasn't corrupted and tried after completely uninstalling any previous version of LPub) but every time I try to start (...) (15 years ago, 11-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: LPub Bad results with LDView

(...) Heh, I just realized I've been using the latest LDView myself to auto- magically fetch unofficial parts for my lsynth testing. So, I took a quick peek at the help file and according to it you may want to try the IgnorePBuffer command line (...) (15 years ago, 11-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Transparent colors in POV-Ray

Hello all, I'm the developer of LD4DStudio ((URL) and I'm in the midsts of rounding up the 1.1 version which supports POV-Ray export. But the thing is I'm not too happy about my transparent color setup. At the moment I'm using the following (this is (...) (15 years ago, 11-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: LPub Bad results with LDView

(...) The partly colored parts indicate LDView is having troubles, not LPub. (...) LPub's communication of what to render is done through LDraw files in the <yourmodeldirectory>/LPub/tmp directory. Those files should simply be the parts (up to a (...) (15 years ago, 11-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub Bad results with LDView

(...) Well I guess people should understand that LPub 4.0.0.2 is a moving target. It is not meant for general consumption, but people can take a peek at: www.kclague.net/LPub..._setup.exe It is still changing (bug fixes) on a regular basis. Caveat (...) (15 years ago, 11-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub Bad results with LDView

(...) uses the opengl hardware on the video card to do the offscreen rendering. Maybe the card is running out of memory at the higher dpi? What does LDView report about your opengl driver? Maybe that'll provide a clue. (15 years ago, 11-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub Bad results with LDView

(...) Sounds not good. At present I have no idea what the problem could cause. But LDView should not be the problem as you can see the parts correctly there. So it has to be the connection between both. Did you try in LPub - "Clear assembly image (...) (15 years ago, 11-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub Bad results with LDView

(...) Full version information of LDView was 4.0 beta 1 (1 Dec. 2008) I have now updated to LDView 4.0.1 (7.Feb.2009) but the colouring problem persists. (15 years ago, 11-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub Bad results with LDView

(...) As I do not have LPub 4.0.0.2 I can not give good comments. Is LDView 4.0.1 (7.Feb.2009) ? (only to be sure to compare the right things.) cu mikeheide (15 years ago, 11-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub Bad results with LDView

(...) Sorry for the omission. I'm using LPub 4.0.0.2 and LDView 4.0.1 on Windows XP Pro SP3 (15 years ago, 11-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub Bad results with LDView

(...) I have checked also with car.dat and those problems do not arise here. Using winXP , LPub 4.0.0.1 and LDView 4.0.1 cu mikeheide (15 years ago, 10-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub Bad results with LDView

(...) LDView do you use. Additionally information about your OS will also be a good hint. cu mikeheide (15 years ago, 10-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Error in part 3641

(...) Thanks. I hadn't realized there were parts in the unoicial library to sibstitute official parts. Jetro (15 years ago, 10-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  LPub Bad results with LDView

I have tried with several versions of LDview and for some reason some parts are not correctly coloured: The Hinge car roof (4213) and PLate 2x2 with wheel holders (4600) in the PLI are only partly coloured (50% diagonally). Part of the steering (...) (15 years ago, 10-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw LEGO Ambassadors: Call for nominations

I nominate Orion Pobursky for this position. (15 years ago, 10-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Error in part 3641

(...) Hello Jetro, This part in official version has indeed a lot of problems. But they have already been fixed in unofficial version on Parts Tracker: (URL) (15 years ago, 10-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Error in part 3641

When I open a file containing part #3641 (Tyre) in LDView I get a long list of errors similar to this one: Bad vertex sequence in BFC-enabled quad. File: C:/LDRAW/PARTS/3641.DAT Line #47 Line: 4 16 0 14 8 0 18 8 0 14 0 0 18 0 (Note: disabling BFC (...) (15 years ago, 10-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: DATHeader version 2.0.5 (The Reviewer Tool)

(...) SNIP You can download from (URL) (15 years ago, 9-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  DATHeader version 2.0.5 (The Reviewer Tool)

DATHeader is on the way not only to assist in getting a proper header for official DAT-files but also it is now a very useful tool for reviewers. You will have a listing of all tests with OK or ERROR message. Please note that not all errors that (...) (15 years ago, 9-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad)

  LSC-ratified change to File Format Restrictions for Official Parts

The LSC just ratified and made changes to the (URL) File Format Restrictions for Official Parts>. A section was added to specify colinearity and convexity restrictions for triangle and quads: Colinear Tolerance/Concave Quads A quad (line type 4) or (...) (15 years ago, 9-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: 53533.dat

(...) I don't have the part :( Philo (15 years ago, 8-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  53533.dat

Anyone working on the 53533 Technic liftarm? see : (URL) Is not in the official / unofficial LDRAW parts library. Regards, Ludo (15 years ago, 7-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: LDraw LEGO Ambassadors: Call for nominations

(...) I am seeking nomination at TBB and maybe other places but I think I'd rather see someone in the LSC or LSteerCo be nominated for LDraw if possible. Should noone be accepted but I am I will, of course, take on the duty. Tim (15 years ago, 7-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDDP 2.0.2 Released

(...) LDDP would insert all the inlining text but not inline the file. This was only a problem in 2.0.1 as it stemmed from some of the back-end streamlining I've been doing with the flexible part code. -Orion (15 years ago, 6-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDDP 2.0.2 Released

Hi Orion, What was the symptoms of the inlining problems? I never noticed any issue... Philo (15 years ago, 5-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  LDDP 2.0.2 Released

LDDP 2.0.2 is now released. This update primarily is to fix the inlining bug from the previous version but I also snuck in a few under the hood improvement to the bendable part generator. Download: https://sourceforge....a=53731947 -Orion (15 years ago, 5-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw LEGO Ambassadors: Call for nominations

(...) I nominate Timothy Gould if he is willing to do this one more year. cu mikeheide (15 years ago, 5-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw.exe removed from distribution?

(...) =( I delete them as well and I think that the current *old* AIOI also does not have them. Need to check.. -AHui (15 years ago, 4-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw LEGO Ambassadors: Call for nominations

(...) --snip-- (...) I nominate Willy Tschager should he be interested. Tim (15 years ago, 5-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  LDraw LEGO Ambassadors: Call for nominations

In reference to this post (URL) the LDraw.org Steering Committee hereby calls for the community to nominate/self- nominate individuals as candidates for the LDraw LEGO Ambassador. Please read the official announcement at (URL) first. Please post (...) (15 years ago, 4-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  LEGO Ambassadors Cycle 7 now open

Posted here for LDraw specific LA. ==== Hello LEGO Enthusiasts, We’re happy to announce that the nomination process for LEGO Ambassador Cycle 7 is now open. The LEGO Ambassador Program is designed to give the AFOL Community a direct line into the (...) (15 years ago, 4-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  LDDP 2.0.1

Please be advised that the new version of LDDP (2.0.1) has a bug preventing the proper inlining of parts. The bug has been fixed and I should have new version up tonight (6/3) or tomorrow (6/4). -Oron (15 years ago, 4-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw.exe removed from distribution?

(...) I don't know if you're the only one who does this, but doing so will also cause LDView's library update to fail, since those notes are the only files that allow LDView to know what has been installed. --Travis (15 years ago, 2-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Assembled parts, ~ and categories

(...) There is one document that introduced this. (URL) found we have different problems to solve: 1) Usage of the tilde '~' for files in the \s folder. 2) Usage of the tilde '~' for files in the \parts folder 3) Is the tilde '~' part of the (...) (15 years ago, 3-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Looking for Wheel and Tyre DAT files

Hi all, I've been building a lot of Technic sets in MLCAD lately and find myself lacking in a certain wheel and tyre combination. The wheel is (URL) 41896>. This is a Technic Racing wheel which is smaller than the other two, also called Race Buggy (...) (15 years ago, 2-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Assembled parts, ~ and categories

(...) I'd also like to chime in here to agree with Willy. To make a rubber hose or a minifig chain with LSynth, you must first position the 2 end parts manually. So you need to be able to find them in your parts list. The synth process will place (...) (15 years ago, 3-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Assembled parts, ~ and categories

(...) I'd like to chime in on this but from another perspective: non-consistency when using the tilde. The synthesized hose parts 755 and 756 have the tilde, but the hose end parts 750 and 752 do not. Apply this logic to the minifig chain and the (...) (15 years ago, 3-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw.exe removed from distribution?

(...) I usually delete these notes so I'm not sure checking for them would be correct (unless I'm the only one who does this). -Orion (15 years ago, 2-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDDP current version - BUG?

(...) Yes, this version is working like expected. Thanks for your quick fix. cu mikeheide (15 years ago, 1-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw.exe removed from distribution?

(...) A good way would be to check for the presence of note*.txt files in the models directory. These show which updates have been installed. Prior to 2008-01 ths naming convention was NOTEyyrr.TXT, but now it is NOTEyyrrCA.TXT where yy is the (...) (15 years ago, 1-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw.exe removed from distribution?

(...) Thanks, I think I'll check for the parts and p directories to determine if it's any kind of library, and issue a warning if ldconfig.ldr is missing when the official library is expected. ps: Sorry I responded slow, I'm having troubles posting (...) (15 years ago, 1-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDDP current version - BUG?

(...) LDView doesn't check for duplicate lines at all, and probably won't ever, since it would add too much time to the loading time. Yes, you could disable that one warning, but I think that too many of my users leave all warnings and errors (...) (15 years ago, 1-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDDP current version - BUG?

(...) It seem the author uploaded a fix so I can't check with that file. I did find a bug that may have cased you problem though. I've uploaded a new version of LDDP that fixes this bug: https://sourceforge....a=23750809 -Orion (15 years ago, 1-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDDP current version - BUG?

(...) You're right. I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote the above. I'll look into the problem. -Orion (15 years ago, 1-Jun-09, to lugnet.cad)

  DATHeader version 2.0.4 for WINDOWS, LINUX and MAC

And here is the next release of DATHeader. The following happend: 1) Some more adjustments to recognize part type correctly 2) If EDIT commands used the current file will be unloaded. 3) Notify about wrong colors now without separate messages 4) (...) (15 years ago, 31-May-09, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact