 CAD / Development / 10996
Re: LDraw.exe removed from distribution?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 2 Jun 2009 16:05:51 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Orion Pobursky wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Chris Dee wrote:
A good way would be to check for the presence of note*.txt files in the models
directory. These show which updates have been installed.

Prior to 2008-01 ths naming convention was NOTEyyrr.TXT, but now it is
NOTEyyrrCA.TXT where yy is the two-digit year and rr the release number. In fact
it is a little more complicated that this due to the optional libraries, but
since the CA library is mandatory, NOTEyyrrCA.TXT will work.

I usually delete these notes so I'm not sure checking for them would be correct
(unless I'm the only one who does this).

I don't know if you're the only one who does this, but doing so will also cause
LDView's library update to fail, since those notes are the only files that allow
LDView to know what has been installed.

--Travis