 CAD / Development / 10993
Re: LDraw.exe removed from distribution?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 1 Jun 2009 14:58:51 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Orion Pobursky wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Roland Melkert wrote:
Hello all,

I just downloaded the complete.zip and discovered LDraw.exe is no longer
present. I take this is a step in creating the 100% CA distro?

Anyhow, I always used LDraw.exe to validate (in LD4DStudio) if a folder
is indeed the library's root.

Now this is no longer reliable I could of course check for e.g.
'ldconfig.ldr' or the 'part' and 'p' folders (the later having my
preference).

But I was wondering if there is some kind of 'official' identification
marker i should check for. Because such a location could easily be e.g.
the unofficial library.

Roland

I'd go with ldconfig.ldr.  LDraw.exe is now legacy software (and is in fact not
complaint with the current spec).  Since ldconfig.ldr is per spec where color
are defined, it should always be present in a 100% complaint distro.

-Orion

Thanks,

I think I'll check for the parts and p directories to determine if it's
any kind of library, and issue a warning if ldconfig.ldr is missing when
the official library is expected.

ps: Sorry I responded slow, I'm having troubles posting for weeks now :(