 CAD / 16268
Re: LPub Bad results with LDView
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 11 Jun 2009 13:07:01 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jetro de Chateau wrote:
I have tried with several versions of LDview and for some reason some
parts are not correctly coloured:

The Hinge car roof (4213) and PLate 2x2 with wheel holders (4600) in
the PLI are only partly coloured (50% diagonally).
Part of the steering wheel (3829) in the model is not coloured
Part of the Hinge car roof holder 1x4x2 (4214) is not coloured either
in the PLI or in the model.

But if I view the model directly in LDView I find none of these problems.
Also If I change the resolution fromt eh default 150dpi to 75 dpi the
colouring problem disappears (but the images are too fuzzy).

Using LDView allows me more control over the final quality of the
renders (line colours, shading, etc) than LDGlite so I would prefer
using LDView...

Does anybody know why this happens and if there is a way to solve this?

You can download the PDF (150dpi 554kb) here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/linmix/Ldraw/car_lpubtest1.pdf

That looks like it might be an opengl driver problem.  I believe LDView
uses the opengl hardware on the video card to do the offscreen rendering.
Maybe the card is running out of memory at the higher dpi?  What does
LDView report about your opengl driver?  Maybe that'll provide a clue.