 CAD / *31625 (-100)
  What's happened to the MLCAD homepage?

What's happened to the MLCAD homepage? Jason Railton (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  I have a new web hosted in spain by my isp

I just uploaded my 2 wallpapers to my new web (URL) them out cu all (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New LDraw Help Desk Tutorial: How do I make Water Waves in POV-Ray

(...) Thanks Hop-Frog, we do our best to make your LDraw experience the best. =) Ahui LDraw Help Desk (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  LDraw.org 2003-02 Parts Update Now Available

Hi there! The latest batch of LDraw part files have been posted in the 2003-02 update. There are some 160 files in this release, including about 45 new parts. One of the reasons there are so many updated files is that we've started to convert (...) (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad) !!

  * LDrawDesignPad LDDP 1.5 Beta released *

Hi all! Well after 2 months of hacking away, we finally feel that a public release is necessary so that we can get some fresh minds on the program development. You can download an installer, a zip file, and a snapshot of the source at: (URL) you (...) (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSC Vote Results

(...) Indeed. Congratulations! Thanks to all the candidates for being willing to be considered for this job, and a special thanks to you, Wayne, for taking on the tally job. Much appreciated! (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LSC Vote Results

(...) Steve, Tim: You are welcome. I'm looking forward to the output of the LSC. [snip rest] -Wayne (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: New LDraw Help Desk Tutorial: How do I make Water Waves in POV-Ray

Wow! An all in one installer! Too cool. You guys all rock!!! And I'm so lazy, I couldn't find it in myself to reinstall all of my Ldraw stuff to my ever expanding KVM 4 system setup. Now I can install everything that consumes render time to one (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  New LDraw Help Desk Tutorial: How do I make Water Waves in POV-Ray

We have a new tutorial up at the LDraw Help Desk "Mirror Site"! It's called The POV-Ray Water Wave Effect. Check it out here: (URL) thanks to Trevor Hewer for the writing (his 2nd tutorial) and Frank King and Dominic De Bryun for their inspirational (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LSC Vote Results

(...) Same here!! I'm glad you posted this while I'm a bit tied up this week. I'll try to get some news on the site as soon as I can, but that might not be till tomorrow when I'm at home, or Saturday when I've unwound. Thanks, Wayne! (...) Yeah I'm (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: My Apologies (was: Re: I still have questions...)

(...) You've got lpub questions, so the guy you want is Kevin Clague. A quick search reveals his last post was 2 weeks ago. Since it's summer there's a good chance he's on vacation, but I suppose you could try and get ahold of him via email if (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad)

  L3P Launcher v0.6

(URL) think this version is alot more useful than the last. Even though not much is different. I added: All of the checkboxes remember their state. A user flags field, so that you can enter in camera and light values if you know the flag values. (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  My Apologies (was: Re: I still have questions...)

(...) Dan (and anyone else that I've offended), I am sorry that my repeated posting of my questions have been seen as spamming, and I apologize. I most certainly won't do this again. -Joel (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: I still have questions, but I've come up with an LPub feature request, too

(...) I think it's safe to say that no one reading this group knows the answer to your question. Spamming the group isn't going to change that. As for another group, I don't think there's is one that's more appropriate, but I might be wrong on that. (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: I still have questions, but I've come up with an LPub feature request, too

(...) Once again, I'd like to bump this back up. Is there a specific sub-group that would be more appropriate to post questions about LPub in? -Joel (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: rotating models in MBC 0.4.1d Cocoa

(...) Chris, Unfortunately the answer isn't necessarily simple. In the parts files included with Brickdraw 3d, I found an error in part 590 (Train Engine). At least one of the Type-2 lines is corrupted. However, I didn't notice the error in the file (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Modeling USB Cables

Thanks John, I will it a go on the weekend, let you know how it goes. Cheers Tom Beattie (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: MPD's and DAT's

(...) Yes, this is right. I frequently build in MLCad using multipart models. In fact if you build your base model as a separate part (explicitly create a new sub-model when starting a building session) when you are happy with the design export that (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: MPD's and DAT's

(...) Apparently LeoCAD can not load MPD files. > If not, does (...) Yes. Together with the original specification of the MPD format I wrote a "MPD Splitter". You should be able to download it from: (URL) well, Jacob (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Parts Tracker part Discussion: x523, Minifig Visor with Feather

(...) I really would prefer that the origin be plugin compatible with 193 just like Minifig Helmet and Visor. It may be a little inconvient to rotate but it's consistant with official part and lends to easily throwing together a Minifig using this (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: MPD's and DAT's

(...) Or split using MPDWorkshop and inline useing my DeSubPart plugin for LDraw Design Pad. --Orion (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Parts Tracker part Discussion: x523, Minifig Visor with Feather

(...) <snip...> (...) Has anyone looked at this part? If so, should I move it to match the helmet(which is 5.5 ldu below origin) or leave it as it is for rotation purposes? (URL) am updating the file description line to be like Peeron's 'Minifig (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: LSC Vote Results

(...) Wayne, Thanks for being the vote-tallier-person! I appreciate you handling it. (...) Looks like a good group, except maybe that last one. ;) I'm somewhat tied up right now, but I'll get with the LSC members and we'll get going in the next (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: MPD's and DAT's

(...) This isn't really 'easy', but you can: 1. Use either splitmpd or empeedy to separate the MPD into LDR files (use a separate directory to store them!) 2. Use LDAO's Inliner to bring the submodel files into the main file. Steve (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Problem with LPub and MegaPOV

<snip> (...) I believe that LPub is *STILL* using Pov-Ray 3.1g and MegaPOV .7. You can do two things: 1) Download POV-Ray 3.1g and MegaPOV 0.7 or 2) As Orion stated in the other post manually edit the line of code that states: #version unofficial (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Ldraw Town Package

I make "L-draw Town Package" version: 1.0 beta 1 This is published on (URL) of models in *.ldr files (over 80 sets): [631,1633,1792,1896,...4555,4559, 4561,4564,4565,6331,...6362,6375, 6380,6384,6386,6388,...6462,6479, (...) (21 years ago, 31-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets)

  Re: Problem with LPub and MegaPOV

(...) Just out of curiosity, did you add the #version unofficial MegaPov 1.0; statement at the beginning of you file? -Orion (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Problem with LPub and MegaPOV

I have recently started experimenting with LPub and have got it working pretty well with POVRay. I decided to try using MegaPov as I liked the idea of edgelines, however I can't get it to render any file When MegaPov tries to process the .pov file (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: MPD's and DAT's

(...) This morning I checked in support to read MPD files, so if you can run the CVS version you should be able to load your files fine now. Leonardo (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: SIGGRAPH: Too Much Fun for Words!

Day 3 pics... (URL) a deep link) SteveB (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.events, lugnet.cad)

  Re: MPD's and DAT's

"Ahui Herrera" <jedi_agh@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HIt21E.12GH@lugnet.com... (...) files. (...) with (...) I think I've managed to "flatten" an MPD file into an ldr or dat by exporting instruction images from MLCAD; if I recall correctly, it (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw.org Config File (was: Edge line colors on img.lugnet.com)

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Cary Clark wrote: <snip> (...) It's 33,33,33 since these values make the color light enough to show up on a black backgrond when rendered but dark enough to be considered black. -Orion (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw.org Config File (was: Edge line colors on img.lugnet.com)

(...) As you pointed out, dithering is a historical artifact with LDraw. As I don't see it doing any harm, I'd rather leave it in for now, even if it is generally unused. Call me misguidedly sentimental. ;) (...) As to the order and format, I was (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw.org Config File (was: Edge line colors on img.lugnet.com)

(...) Not exactly, although kind of. The idea is this might become several things. Not in any particular order: - This can lead to a standard color-definition (meta-)statement for LDraw. Since LEGO seems to be releasing more and more colors, it (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Inline POV code in official parts?

This is just my opinion since I started all this by suggesting to Lars to add POV support into L3P in the first place. By adding a few .dat primitives (not POV primitives) to the .dat definition, then you don't have to tie yourself to any renderer. (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Repository of .dat files with inline POV-Ray code... any interest?

(...) Now that would rock. For my personal use, this would almost entirely solve the problem. I could whip up a single file that contains all the parts I want to fix, run it through L3P, manually fix the parts in the resulting file, and then include (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LSC Vote Results

All: Due to some technical difficulties, I was unable to tally the votes on Sunday as originally planned (I was in Boise Idaho at the time, and the rain storm the prior night had crippled the cable modem I was borrowing.) So I was not able to do the (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw) !!

  Re: Repository of .dat files with inline POV-Ray code... any interest?

(...) I asked Lars a while back if he could wrap all the part definitions with IF NDEF statements so that someone could define the parts they wanted in an external include file and the rest would use the standard L3P code. Hopefully when a new (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Repository of .dat files with inline POV-Ray code... any interest?

(...) Because parts with inline POV code work with the version of L3P that we have now. Why not start by building a library of modified official parts, but with the explicit goal of eventually converting them into POV only parts when L3P or some (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Repository of .dat files with inline POV-Ray code... any interest?  [DAT]

(...) Here is my $0.01.... This is how I have started handling Ldraw/PoV parts: The 3626bp6f.dat is availabe on the parts tracker here: (URL) is some line wrapping happening here, I will need to fix it later) 0 Minifig Head with Female Eyes with Red (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD's and DAT's

(...) Kyle, LeoCAD can NOT view .MPD files. There is NO easy way to make a .MPD file into a .ldr/.dat file that will be viewable when done. The issue is that when you make a .mpd file into a .ldr by taking out the 0 FILE line from within the .MPD (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Inline POV code in official parts?

(...) I agree with Steve on this issue: no POV code in offical parts with the possible exception of primitves. I feel this way for a few reasons: - It could be construed the POV is the Official rendering program of the LDraw.org library. This can (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: SIGGRAPH: Too Much Fun for Words!

(...) Aah... but we'll see you at BrickFest anyways :-) -Tim (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.events, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Repository of .dat files with inline POV-Ray code... any interest?

(...) Why not just a library of POV code only parts, ala LGEO/Raves, only compatible with the LDraw.org library? We could host this project on Sourceforge so anyone who was interested could develop. I think if we do it Pov only, LDraw.org is more (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Repository of .dat files with inline POV-Ray code... any interest?

(...) Okay... then I'd like to open this up to a question for the community: Is anyone interested in working on a single shared repository of ldraw-compatible parts with inlined POV-Ray code? How many authors out there are comfortable with both (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: SIGGRAPH: Too Much Fun for Words!

(...) maybe next year, Paulo Caparica Junior (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.events, lugnet.cad)

  Re: SIGGRAPH: Too Much Fun for Words!

(...) Well, the expo opens today, so I haven't gotten any yet. We have the session to do in the afternoon and Steve and I will be spending the morning refining the last few slides and practicing. But, hey, I'll try to get some by the end of the (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.events, lugnet.cad)

  Re: SIGGRAPH: Too Much Fun for Words!

(...) I just want to know how many tshirts you've gotten so far. I attended Siggraph a couple of years ago in New Orleans and left with about 15. Enjoy! (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.events, lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw.org Config File (was: Edge line colors on img.lugnet.com)

(...) ... (...) ... I'm working on a Track Designer-like program; I'll be presenting it at BrickFest. My program, TrackDraw, can read and write LDraw files -- I've also created a color definition file (in XML) that is very much like Steve's -- so (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw.org Config File (was: Edge line colors on img.lugnet.com)

(...) hmm ... I suppose this will become a some sort of standard color chart for a handful of progs? are we sure that the ldraw colors are the right ones (makein' the devils advocate)? looking around I found at least three different values for (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Modeling USB Cables  [DAT]

(...) Maybe stretching/expanding the pneumatic hose would work. What program are using for modeling? I'll try an explanation with MLCad, but I can't verify this, since I'm at work. Could someone verify this? I'll give it a shot at home, too. Place (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Modeling USB Cables

Hello all, here’s a question to throw into the group, How do people model the USB cable that originates from the back of the Vision Command/ LEGO Studio camera? I Have been using Lsynth’s Pneumatic Hose-type spec but it is a little thin. I have (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad)

  LDraw part - Mindstorms 2.0 USB IR Tower

Hello all parts developers, Have I got an offer for you to showcase your skill! I was just wondering whether anybody was working on translating the MindStorms IR USB Tower into a LDraw part. I have a few LDraw Rover models that ‘carry’ the tower (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: SIGGRAPH: Too Much Fun for Words!

I am on vacation. I am having a good time. I will not think of LEGO. I am on vacation. I am having a good time. I will not think of LEGO. I am on vacation. I am having a good time. I will not think of LEGO. I am on vacation. I am having a good time. (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.events, lugnet.cad)

  Re: SIGGRAPH: Too Much Fun for Words!

(...) Not to mention that you guy started about 2 weeks too early since I'll be back home in San Diego to visit family the day after Brickfest. -Orion (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.events, lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDGLite outputting gobble-dee-goo to terminal window

(...) Less that a second for my Mini, but it is mini :) About 4 seaconds for my black tank car, which has 284 (?) parts. About 8 seconds to draw my GP30. The dat for the GP30 has 817 lines (not all of them are parts). Redraw the model every time... (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: SIGGRAPH: Too Much Fun for Words!

(...) days away:) Some of us have to work for a living:) Looks like a great time! See ya at BF, Robin W GFLTC (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.events, lugnet.cad)

  LDraw.org Config File (was: Edge line colors on img.lugnet.com)

[XPFUT lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw] (...) A little more has happened on this: I emailed the authors of most of the LDraw-compatible software packages, and asked for buy-in on this idea. Basically, my thought was that we needed to have agreement about (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Where can I find a scorpion file?

-snipped me- (...) and the Parts Tracker doesn't have one either (unless someone snuck (...) I wasn't looking). (...) That sorta angers me. I can't complete my Fleebnork torture scene without one. -Dan (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: POV in Part

(...) I might be imagining things, but the macro'ed baseplate parts seemed to render *excrutiatingly* slowly when I working on the LDraw2Raves wrapper. This was in low-quality mode. I'm assuming that in model files, rendered in higher-quality modes, (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Inline POV code in official parts?

(...) Yes, it's pretty much still the case. I would really prefer to not have any POV code in the parts library at all. But if there must be some, I think it should stay in the primitive files. (...) I think a better solution is to work on POV (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Where can I find a scorpion file?

(...) Sorry, I don't know of any. There definitely isn't one in the official library, and the Parts Tracker doesn't have one either (unless someone snuck one in while I wasn't looking). Steve (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: SIGGRAPH: Too Much Fun for Words!

Pics.... (URL) LINKS) (URL) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.events, lugnet.cad)

  Where can I find a scorpion file?

Good evening. Does anyone know where I can acquire a scorpion (Animal Scorpion 30169)? I need one for my Fleebnork model that I'm working on, but I can't seem to find one in my files (I have all the parts updates and unofficial parts). Thank you for (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Inline POV code in official parts?

What's the current plan for POV-Ray code in official parts? I have been out of the loop for a while, but my last understanding was that parts with inline POV-Ray code don't have any chance of getting certified on the parts tracker. Is this still the (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  New wallpaper Droid Fighter

I just made a simple cool wallpaper my 1st good one (URL) it and download it remember to use save image as tomorow i'll put my other one (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad)

  SIGGRAPH: Too Much Fun for Words!

Everyone - We are having an absolute blast at SIGGRAPH 2003! (www.siggraph.org/s2003). We hundreds, if not thousands coming by the booth throughout the day, and some even took time out of their schedules to sit with us and build! The tables are like (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.cad, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: LEGO Digital Designer

I went to install it on my laptop and it wouldn't run because I have less than required video RAM. It looks like a nice program from the screen views and write up though. Rob "Marc Sutton" <ashre@iname.com> wrote in message (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LDGLite outputting gobble-dee-goo to terminal window

(...) Found a much more recent post on this indicating that it may still be a problem with current Macs... Also contains a bit more info as to what's really going on. (URL) The only workaround I can think of is to (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LDGLite outputting gobble-dee-goo to terminal window

(...) (URL) guy found the same bug on his Mac. Writing to the GL_FRONT buffer seems to also write over whatever you may have stashed away in the GL_BACK buffer. The only workaround I can think of is to copy the image to regular system memory, or (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Primitive substituion and part reviews

(...) They should not warrant a Hold review. Put comments in the review, and if you think the issue is serious enough, go for a NoVote review. (...) If the pattern allows, it would be good to add a color-matched ring primitive around the outside of (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LEGO Digital Designer

LEGO Digital Designer 1.0 has been released and you can download it at: (URL) has many more bricks than the beta, a new placement mode that doesn't stick to connections, a hinge tool and built in help. Try it out and let us know what you think. -- (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Version 2.01 of the LDraw radiosity files available (in BETA)

"Orion Pobursky" <orion@dontaddthis.p...ursky.com> wrote in message news:HIp2yw.BLz@lugnet.com... (...) Hi all, I changed the reference from my file to Orion's. New ZIP-file is available now. Jeroen (21 years ago, 27-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Primitive substituion and part reviews

To what extent, if any, should rendering errors caused by primitive substitution warrent a Hold vote on the PT? An example of this would be a disc shaped pattern surrounded by a ndis. Would it be appropritate to add a small, color matching ring (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts Tracker part Discussion: x523, Minifig Visor with Feather

(...) Yes, that's what I figured. I completely agree that the PT is not a discussion forum. I was going to Email you about my voting comments but you post this message befire I got to it. -Orion (21 years ago, 27-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Version 2 of the LDraw radiosity files available (in BETA)

(...) By all means, your welcome to it. -Orion (21 years ago, 27-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Version 2 of the LDraw radiosity files available (in BETA)

(...) Do you mind if I use your .INC file instead of my own? Yours is more complete. Jeroen (21 years ago, 27-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Parts Tracker part Discussion: x523, Minifig Visor with Feather

(...) Ok. Don't get me wrong, I didn't start this thread to contest votes or anything. I just thought that this part (or others) might need some discussion, and The parts tracker is not really for that. I completely expected hold votes, mainly (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Parts Tracker part Discussion: x523, Minifig Visor with Feather

(...) hi paul, I do not recall all the details of 193.dat 'cos I modelled it almost a year ago but I remember having trouble with the position of the visor and the pivot points. in the original part the visor is actually a little bit lower. I had to (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Version 2 of the LDraw radiosity files available (in BETA)

(...) Have a look as this post: (URL) I also made a library independant of Jeroen: (URL) under the Progran Add-ons section (21 years ago, 27-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Version 2 of the LDraw radiosity files available (in BETA)

(...) Where can I get Todd S. Lehman's L3P colours file(s)? When I attempt to you his libary POV gives me an error saying I am missing some .inc files. -AHui (21 years ago, 27-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: POv-Ray 3.5 & orthographic keyword

(...) Thanks, I'll be sure to remember this new trick. =) -AHui LDraw Help Desk (21 years ago, 27-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Parts Tracker part Discussion: x523, Minifig Visor with Feather

Hi Paul, Seems you have to face difficult or even impossible requirements. But often what seems requirements is only remarks. For me, the part is good enough, and you have done your best, that is sufficient. The least I can do is to review, and I (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: rotating models in MBC 0.4.1d Cocoa

(...) Sounds like the next release it going to be a good one! Out of curiosity, is there a bug in the train motor part? Chris (21 years ago, 26-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Trouble with light-green

(...) I too find the "light green" colour horrid. Here's a manual method to adjust it. Find the definition of Color10 in the .pov file: #ifndef (Color10) #declare Color10 = #if (version >= 3.1) material { #end texture { pigment { rgb (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Parts Tracker part Discussion: x523, Minifig Visor with Feather

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Paul Easter wrote: <snip> (...) I didn't hold based on this and in fact I can overlook this issue based on the size of the part (i.e. this would be practically invisible at a scene scale). My main reasons for holding were (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Parts Tracker part Discussion: x523, Minifig Visor with Feather

This part is currently available here, but be warned, it's origin may change. (URL) Helmet Visor with Grille and Feather' It looks like Peeron changes the name on this part since I started it, Should I change it to match? (URL) Reviewer: Steffen (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: POv-Ray 3.5 & orthographic keyword

(...) Ohhhh! OHHHH!! I know this one :-) POV-Ray 3.5 moved the camera type keyword (orthographic or perspective) to the front of the camera statement. Delete the "//orthographic" from the end of the statement and insert "orthographic" as the first (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad)

  MPD's and DAT's

Hi all, I know LeoCAD can view DAT files, but can it view MPD files. If not, does anybody know how I can change an MPD file in MLCAD to a pure DAT? I'm not sure if it's possible, but thanks for any help. Kyle (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad)

  POv-Ray 3.5 & orthographic keyword

I got a question that I'm stumped with at the LDraw.orh Help Desk. Here is the question: (...) Can someone please help me out with this one? -AHui Herrera LDraw Help Desk (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: rotating models in MBC 0.4.1d Cocoa

(...) As an update to this comment, I have now placed the glFinish() command and the timing loop into the render instance, and now I get correct behavior. It's clear that Cocoa creates a new thread for each instance, therefore as guessed before, (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LDGLite outputting gobble-dee-goo to terminal window

(...) So you're saying that if I ask for the GL_RENDERER etc strings after a window resize I'll get the same ones I started with no matter what? (I added some code to check it anyway just in case) That really sux. Who designed that feature, (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDGLite outputting gobble-dee-goo to terminal window

(...) OK, I looked at the code above, and all it seems to do is tell its OpenGL context to update every time the window is resized. If their glut doesn't do this, then it is broken. As far as I know, there isn't any equivalent to this in Windows. (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw-to-Raves (was: POV in Part)

(...) Perhaps things like this could be included in the category/list of other .dat libraries that will some day be on LDraw.org. People could go to the respective sites to download POV enhanced parts. Just my $0.02 --Ryan (URL) (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: I still have questions, but I've come up with an LPub feature request, too

(...) I apologize for replying to my own message (again), but I'd just like to bump this back up, and see if anyone has any answers or suggestions for me. -Joel (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDGLite outputting gobble-dee-goo to terminal window

(...) Found some more info. This makes it even more clear. (URL) it only shows icky Cocoa code. I may have to examine the apple glut sources to see how much of this is actually handled in glut. I wouldn't be suprised to find some bugs there. And I (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDGLite outputting gobble-dee-goo to terminal window

(...) The OS is selecting the drivers. If I want to select them myself I have to write all sorts of icky OS specific code. (...) It gets worse. I did some searching on this. Apparently, according to the source on this page, I may need to check if my (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: First version of DAT2RAV File

(...) Can you provide an example POV file please? (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: LDGLite outputting gobble-dee-goo to terminal window

(...) Short version, yes, I am still working at Westfield, but no, I am not there at the moment. I am working out of the home office in Worcester. I am printing out my just defended Ph.D. thesis, and when that is handed in to the graduate school (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LDGLite outputting gobble-dee-goo to terminal window

(...) When running at 16 bit the ATi drivers are loaded unless I mistakenly type ./ldglite -le -v1024,7400 mini.dat (instead of 740). When the window is set to 800x600 selecting and moving bricks works fine, but selecting and moving behaves badly (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact