 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4804
Re: Parts Tracker part Discussion: x523, Minifig Visor with Feather
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sun, 27 Jul 2003 17:54:33 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Paul Easter wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Orion Pobursky wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Paul Easter wrote:
<snip>
- This part should fit tighter against part 193.dat. Right now it seems to
be a little too wide.

Here again... amazing what a small difference will make at a large zoom level.
Keep in mind the helmet is modeled using 16ths and the visor using 48ths. I
noted on the 193.dat and 193b.dat files that they were undersized by 1 ldu
(diameter). Not much to really make a difference, but it is noticable when
attached to another part.

I didn't hold based on this and in fact I can overlook this issue based on the
size of the part (i.e. this would be practically invisible at a scene scale).
My main reasons for holding were the first 2 points.  As long as the the part's
origin is fixed and the eyes of the Minifig come thought, I'm okay with this
part.  Actually this is a part that is long overdue.  Thanks for finally
modelling it.

-Orion

Ok.
Don't get me wrong, I didn't start this thread to contest votes or anything. I
just thought that this part (or others) might need some discussion, and The
parts tracker is not really for that.

I completely expected hold votes, mainly because of the part's origin.

Paul

Yes, that's what I figured.  I completely agree that the PT is not a discussion
forum.  I was going to Email you about my voting comments but you post this
message befire I got to it.

-Orion