 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4802
Re: Parts Tracker part Discussion: x523, Minifig Visor with Feather
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sun, 27 Jul 2003 07:31:07 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Paul Easter wrote:

SNIP<

I question the origin: when I add a minifig head to this part,
it cannot look through the slot - dangerous for a knight, I guess.
You can tell me that this is correct when using this part
with the appropriate helmet and I'll agree.

The origin was left at the pivot point since I was trying to match it up with
193.dat Helmet
The Pivot point on 193.dat is 5.5 ldu below it's origin. I believe it to be
actually at 5.0 ldu below. I'm done makeing comments on the helmets.

SNIP<

hi paul,

I do not recall all the details of 193.dat 'cos I modelled it almost a year ago
but I remember having trouble with the position of the visor and the pivot
points.

in the original part the visor is actually a little bit lower. I had to rise it
because of the cylinder of the minifig head. now the visor matches the borders
of the face. in the very first version I modelled accordingly to the exact
measurements the bottomring of the minifig head was visible through the visor.
IMHO both rings of the head are just to thick. the position of the visor and the
pivot points are might incorrect 'cos the minifig head itself is incorrect! I
rose the visor to catch up 'cos I'm more interested in the overall aspect than
get the reengineering 100% precise ;-). this is also the reason why I stood back
from making a high res version with 48 sections. hope it helps.

w.