 CAD / 10378
Re: MPD's and DAT's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 13:29:10 GMT

I think I've managed to "flatten" an MPD file into an ldr or dat by
exporting instruction images from MLCAD; if I recall correctly, it wasn't as
simple as all that but essentially you want to export the last step in the
instructions which presumably has all the parts added in the correct place.

Jennifer

Yes, this is right.

I frequently build in MLCad using multipart models. In fact if you build your
base model as a separate part (explicitly create a new sub-model when starting a
building session) when you are happy with the design export that base model (sub
part), it will grab all associated sub part files and create a nice flat .ldr,
or .dat file for you. You can render this out separately, or import it back in
to another file. (it’s a bit of a pain losing the component nature of the
model's structure though)

Cheers

Tom Beattie