 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1890
Re: Trouble with light-green
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sat, 26 Jul 2003 07:20:26 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Bryan Beckwith wrote:
I am trying to render a model (created with MLCad) in POV-Ray using the
light-green color, but it always comes out a horrid yellow.  Anyone have any
tips on how to fix this?

Thanks,
Bryan

I too find the "light green" colour horrid.

Here's a manual method to adjust it.
Find the definition of Color10 in the .pov file:

#ifndef (Color10)
#declare Color10 = #if (version >= 3.1) material { #end texture {
pigment { rgb <0.862745,1,0.0392157> }
finish { ambient AMB diffuse DIF }
#if (QUAL > 1)
finish { phong 0.5 phong_size 40 reflection 0.08 }
#if (BUMPS) normal { BUMPNORMAL } #end
#end
} #if (version >= 3.1) } #end
#end

Play around with the Red value to begin with. I like this:
pigment { rgb <0.3,1,0.0392157> }

Maybe too bright green? Lower the green value to 0.8. Better? (I guess it
depends on what screen you have.)
pigment { rgb <0.3,0.8,0.0392157> }

Hope it helps.
/Tore