 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4809
4808  |  4810
Subject:
LDraw part - Mindstorms 2.0 USB IR Tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 13:21:24 GMT

Hello all parts developers,

Have I got an offer for you to showcase your skill!

I was just wondering whether anybody was working on translating the MindStorms
IR USB Tower into a LDraw part. I have a few LDraw Rover models that ‘carry’ the
tower (they act as mobile IR broadcasters), and, as yet there is nothing even
close to it in the existing LDraw parts library.

If no one is working on it, I am tentatively thinking about authoring it myself,
but can see a steep learning curve ahead – It’s probably not the simplest part
to start on.

I am sure someone out there is just itching to add this part to their LDraw
parts CV – just think of the subtle curves, complex quads, and edge lines,
hmmmmm...

Any takers? – will gladly offer bribes, keen words of encouragement, and copious
acknowledgment.

Cheers

Tom Beattie

BrickVista - Invent the Future