 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4807
Re: POV in Part
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 00:36:44 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Anton Raves wrote:

That's changing with the version 500 of my library, the buttons are becoming
macros, as are many other repeatingly used parts. Dimensions are simple, one
POV-Ray unit is one real life millimeter... ;-)

I might be imagining things, but the macro'ed baseplate parts seemed to
render *excrutiatingly* slowly when I working on the LDraw2Raves
wrapper.  This was in low-quality mode.  I'm assuming that in model
files, rendered in higher-quality modes, the time difference isn't as
noticeable.

Steve