 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4791
Re: LDraw-to-Raves (was: POV in Part)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 12:37:11 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Jeroen de Haan wrote:

LDRAW helmet (very good part writing I must say, I couldn't have done it) 500+
lines. And by adding (just) 36 lines of POV code one gets a real rounded
helmet.

Now, what's the problem?

For one, I'm not keen on putting POV-Ray code in LDraw part files.
Besides complicating the review/certification process, it also ties the
LDraw library to one specific renderer, in an official way.

Steve