 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4780
Re: LDraw-to-Raves (was: POV in Part)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sun, 20 Jul 2003 09:51:31 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Steve Bliss wrote:
A couple other things I haven't mentioned:

Does any have a feeling whether there's a quality difference between
Anton's library and LGEO?  I've run across one part in Anton's library
that's just plain wrong (the side wall for the giant space domes -- it's
one stud too wide).

I'm not certain if I agree with you here... ;-) The part I measured (and
digitized) is one that came with my 6981 Aerial Intruder and has the dimensions
that I used.

Also, the decorated elements in Anton's creations seem to be part of the
model files, not the general library file.  I poked around his website,
but couldn't find a model file to download.  So, while Anton has made a
lot of nifty decorated parts, they might not be easily accessible for
general models.

Yes, in the past I decided to do the decorated elements as material_maps, so
they could very easily use the same textures as the regular bricks do. Model
files can now be found again on my website, I have (temporarily) taken away all
of the pre-500 sample code sets and have made available a few 500 ones for
people to play with.

Greetz,
  Anton