 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4778
Re: POV in Part
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sun, 20 Jul 2003 09:33:06 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Lars C. Hassing wrote:

but which library to use, I think will depend on the preference of POV coding style
of the coming POV part authors, LGEO style or Anton Raves style.

Are there any significant differences between the two libraries?  I
assume they both use solid modeling, not surface modeling.  I don't
think either library offers rounded edges on bricks (something I still
miss from the L3G0 library).

My library is currently being rebuild and all buttons on the bricks are getting
a selectable rounded edge, they take up a whole extra amount of rendering time
so I've made them an option. Also, I've always looked at new Lego(TM) and there
are hardly any rounded edges on the regular bricks.

I've only looked at Anton's library long enough to figure out the
dimensions, and to look up random parts.  It doesn't appear to use many
macros; each part is written mostly independently.

That's changing with the version 500 of my library, the buttons are becoming
macros, as are many other repeatingly used parts. Dimensions are simple, one
POV-Ray unit is one real life millimeter... ;-)

Greetz,
  Anton