 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4792
Re: LDraw-to-Raves (was: POV in Part)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 12:40:47 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Do files have to be named explicitly or is there a notion of includepath or
classpath like searching in POV? If so...

AFAIK, they have to be explicitly included.

Would it be possible to combine approaches? Have the base parts all in one file
but each release of revs is in another, and all the files are searched.

Not really, because then there'd be an issue of search order order, too
much complication.

However I am thinking that maybe there isn't such a search for components and
you have to explicitly name every include off (somewhere, perhaps nested). If so
maybe a hybrid STILL adds value, the master include names off one big file (for
space saving reasons) and a bunch of smaller delta/addon/change files.

I prefer to keep it simple -- either one big file with everything in it,
or one master file that includes all the individual files.

Actually, right now I'm leaning toward keeping separate files for
individual files on the server, but compiling/combining them into a
single file for distribution.

Steve