 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4731
Re: POV in Part
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sat, 21 Jun 2003 16:08:03 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Lars C. Hassing wrote:

but which library to use, I think will depend on the preference of POV coding style
of the coming POV part authors, LGEO style or Anton Raves style.

Are there any significant differences between the two libraries?  I
assume they both use solid modeling, not surface modeling.  I don't
think either library offers rounded edges on bricks (something I still
miss from the L3G0 library).

I've only looked at Anton's library long enough to figure out the
dimensions, and to look up random parts.  It doesn't appear to use many
macros; each part is written mostly independently.

Steve