 CAD / Development / 9098
Re: Inline POV code in official parts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 21:39:51 GMT

This is just my opinion since I started all this by suggesting to Lars to add
POV support into L3P in the first place.

By adding a few .dat primitives (not POV primitives) to the .dat definition,
then you don't have to tie yourself to any renderer.  Keep the level of
abstraction that is used for the triangle and line definitions, just extend it
to some other primitives.

The down side is the viewers, editors and l3p will have to be updated.

The up side is it solves the problems caused by the limitations of .dat.  This
would be a long term solution.

You may now flame me for this post, and for causing the problem in the first
place.

-Chuck Sommerville