 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 495
Re: LDGLite outputting gobble-dee-goo to terminal window
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 15:01:05 GMT

Oops... before I get to excited, moving a piece creates some bitchin'
trail lines :) that go away when the view is changed.

http://users.rcn.com/cjmasi/trail_lines.png

I think I may have found the cause of this one.

  http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/704/2000/9/0/4312491/

This guy found the same bug on his Mac.  Writing to the GL_FRONT
buffer seems to also write over whatever you may have stashed away
in the GL_BACK buffer.  The only workaround I can think of is to
copy the image to regular system memory, or redraw the whole model
every time you move a part.  Copying an an opengl image buffer to
system memory is typically quite slow.  How slow are the full
model redraws when you change the view?

Don