 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 479
Re: LDGLite outputting gobble-dee-goo to terminal window
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 04:10:49 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Don Heyse wrote:
thing.  Would you like a report from a more general workout of it?

Yeah that'd be nice.

I've got one OSX bug report already with the SOLID part moving mode
(-LEDIT) that may or may not be fixed in tonight's current.tgz tarball.
There also seems to be a new bug in MESA 5 on linux with glcopypixels().

Don,

Here are some comments on the 7/23 version (built from the current.tgz
time-stamped early this morning):
* Solid part moving mode (-LE) works fine at lower resolutions.  I think I tried
all of the predefined views.  Using -v1024,740 (a setting mentioned in Chris's
post), I was still getting the trail problem.
* Wire-frame mode (-le) also works fine at lower resolutions, disappearing parts
with -v1024,740 in some of the views (as mentioned by Chris).  Makes me think
that the root cause of the problems in both modes may be VRAM limitaions
(unfortunately, I can't test the hypothesis).
* I can resize the window by dragging the lower right corner to some extent
(starting at 640x480).  Weird things (as shown by Chris) don't start happening
until the window gets what looks like about 650 pixels high.  If I start out
with a 740 pixel high window, I can resize it to a smaller size.

Apparent bugs:
* Selecting the "Visible spin" option from the pop-up menu is equivalent to
pressing "v" (causes "Vector (x y z):" to appear in the top status line).
* In predefined view 8 (UpsideDown), the up arrow causes the selected part to
move southeast (down and right), and the down arrow moves the part northwest.
Not sure if this is deliberate.  If it's possible to reverse this without
messing up other part moving, it's counterintuitive enough that I'd cast a vote
for reversing.
* I get some inappropriate lines (related to part structures that should be
non-visible) showing up in perspective mode.  I can e-mail you a screenshot if
you want.
* Selecting any item in the pop-up menu causes the following to appear in the
terminal window (no other ill effects noted):
"2003-07-23 07:06:04.929 ldglite[11808] GLUT Warning: glutCurrentModifiers: do
not call outside core input callback."

My system: PowerBook G4 (400MHz Ti), OS X 10.2.6 (6L60), GLUT.framework 2.2.8,
512MB RAM, 8MB Rage 128 video.  My test models were a model consisting of six
external submodels (with about 400 total parts among them) and one of the
submodels (~150 parts) of the first, both using some unofficial parts from the
PT.

Regards, Tom

Note for Chris: I had a Pyrrhic victory with GLUT.framework 3.2 built from the
OS X sample code -- it seemed to break the pop-up menu, so I reverted to the
'official' version.