 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 480
Re: LDGLite outputting gobble-dee-goo to terminal window
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 12:54:09 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Christopher Masi wrote:
I don't know if it's ldglite or Mac OS X 10.2.6, but something is up
with running ldglite in 16bit mode. I took a movie...
http://users.rcn.com/cjmasi/ldglite(16bit).mov
If it is Mac OS X then I wouldn't bother. If it is LDGLite, then, well
if you have the time... :)

If it doesn't happen with the 0.9.5 version of ldglite then it's a bug.
I suspect it may be the code I wrote to avoid the Windows nagware
tooltips and reminder windows.  It's supposed to copy the front color
buffer into the backbuffer after an full redraw.  This way I can
quickly redisplay it without redrawing from scratch if a tooltip or
nagware blurb temporarily obscures the window.  It doesn't work as
well as I'd like and perhaps I'll disable it for everything but Windows.
Does OSX have anything like the annoying Windows tooltips and popup
nagware that Windows XP seems to be riddled with?  I swear, everytime
XP poops up that "Updates are ready for you" window and steals the
mouse pointer I want to kick it.

Don