 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 478
Re: LDGLite outputting gobble-dee-goo to terminal window
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 03:02:22 GMT

In article <HIIB3p.1t06@lugnet.com>,
"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam.go.away.com> wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Christopher Masi wrote:
Look what I just noticed. The 7/22 and 7/23 current version say the same
thing
GL_VENDOR ='Apple'
GL_RENDERER ='Generic'
GL_RGBA_BITS: (8, 8, 8, 8)
GL_DEPTH_BITS = 32
GL_STENCIL_BITS = 8
***** Stencil buffer disabled for XOR with Apple driver.  *******
Buffer Swap Mode = 0
Editing mode =  1{0}

stars added for emphasis. Did you do that to solve the selection problem?

Apparently yes, but it has the drawback you noticed below.

./ldglite723 -le -v1024,740 mini.dat
No trail lines, but I can only see the part in 6, 8, 9, 0 view modes. In
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 7 view modes the part disappears when it is moved.

This is because from certain viewpoints two parallel edges exactly cover
each other.  In XOR math they cancel each each other out and the part
disappears.  The Stencil buffer allows me to only use one of the edges.
But according to my math you don't have enough memory for the whole
stencil buffer and apparently the driver is too stupid to figure that out
and use less than 8 bits or put the stencil buffer in regular RAM.  Instead
it seems to just give you a working stencil buffer for half of your window.
I guess the question is, which is worse, the bug or my crummy fix?

Well that makes sense. The bug is worse.

I also noticed that in views 1 and 7, home and end change the z
coordinate, in views 2 and 3 the x coordinate, and in views 4, 5, 6, 8,
9, 0 the y coord.

I think I just copied the LEDIT standard there.  But feel free to let
me know if I didn't.

Oh, again... sorry, I guess I should read the readme better. I had not
noticed that the home and end keys were the keys that did the "out of
plane" movements in the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 7 views. In the 6, 8, 9, and
0 view they were the up and down keys.

./ldglite723 -LE -v1024,740 mini.dat
In 6, 8, 9, 0 view modes trail lines appear. In 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 7
view modes the part disappears.

Is this with version 0.9.9 or 0.0.9b or both?

both

I guess that means the today's LDGLite in -le mode in views 6, 8, 9, and
0 works just like it should.
1
Yeah, I suppose I should allow the stencil buffer if you run in 16 bit
mode, or have enough memory.  Maybe I'll try to figure out how to do that.

Don

I don't know if it's ldglite or Mac OS X 10.2.6, but something is up
with running ldglite in 16bit mode. I took a movie...
http://users.rcn.com/cjmasi/ldglite(16bit).mov
If it is Mac OS X then I wouldn't bother. If it is LDGLite, then, well
if you have the time... :)

Chris