 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 461
Re: LDGLite outputting gobble-dee-goo to terminal window
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 02:29:29 GMT

In article <HIGD18.23C5@lugnet.com>,
"Tom Bozzo" <abozzo*nospam@midplains.net> wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Don Heyse wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Christopher Masi wrote:
Hmm... when I rotate a model in LDEdit mode, the terminal window gets
filled with the following with color definitions. I don't remember this
happening before.

Mac OS  X 10.2.6 GLUT for OS X 5 (v 3.0)

That is weird.  Which version of ldglite?

Do you mind trying testing the latest sources?  I'm working toward
a 1.0.0 release "real soon now".

  http://ldglite.sf.net/dist/current.tgz

Don

Don,

I was able to build the new version, and it doesn't do the color table thing.
Would you like a report from a more general workout of it?

Chris,

Note that you may need to install libpng (I did it via fink) to successfully
build the new version of ldglite.

Regards, Tom

Hey Tom!

  Same here. The gobble-dee-goo is gone. See my other post about why I
think it suddenly appeared (though the bug may have always been there).
  Thanks for the heads up on the ligpng thing. Apparently, I installed
it (as a dependency?) via Fink when I installed some molecular model
viewing software.
  By the way, what are you running LDGLite on? I have noticed some
resolution dependent odd behavior. I have a 8MB VRAM PowerBook, so it is
probably linked to that, but I alway wonder if others suffer from
similar problems (details in my other post).

Chris