 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 470
Re: LDGLite outputting gobble-dee-goo to terminal window
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 00:23:44 GMT

In article <HIGIxJ.uG6@lugnet.com>,
"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam.go.away.com> wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Christopher Masi wrote:
-le and -LE don't seem to affect the way the model is drawn during
rotation. The model is rotated as block and never as wireframes. Was
this by design (I have no preference)?

-le should only affect the current selected PART when you move it with
the arrow keys.  -le moves an XOR wireframe and -LE moves a solid part.
In general, -le seems faster and less buggy.

Sorry, I should read the readme's more closely.

I am not having any problems opening files created by MBC.

Oh, 0.9.5f wouldn't read files created by MBC. Only the first brick
would appear. You said it was probably a line ending thing. I just
wanted to say that yesterdays current version of LDGLite is reading
files created by MBC.

Oops... before I get to excited, moving a piece creates some bitchin'
trail lines :) that go away when the view is changed.

http://users.rcn.com/cjmasi/trail_lines.png

Was this done with -LE (Solid moving part mode)?  Does -le have similar
symptom?  Does tonight's current.tgz file fix the problem?  Don't grab
it before 2AM.  I think that's when the cron job is set to assemble it.

Don

Look what I just noticed. The 7/22 and 7/23 current version say the same
thing
GL_VENDOR ='Apple'
GL_RENDERER ='Generic'
GL_RGBA_BITS: (8, 8, 8, 8)
GL_DEPTH_BITS = 32
GL_STENCIL_BITS = 8
***** Stencil buffer disabled for XOR with Apple driver.  *******
Buffer Swap Mode = 0
Editing mode =  1{0}

stars added for emphasis. Did you do that to solve the selection problem?

./ldglite723 -le -v1024,740 mini.dat
No trail lines, but I can only see the part in 6, 8, 9, 0 view modes. In
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 7 view modes the part disappears when it is moved.

I also noticed that in views 1 and 7, home and end change the z
coordinate, in views 2 and 3 the x coordinate, and in views 4, 5, 6, 8,
9, 0 the y coord.

./ldglite723 -LE -v1024,740 mini.dat
In 6, 8, 9, 0 view modes trail lines appear. In 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 7
view modes the part disappears.

I also noticed that in views 1 and 7, home and end change the z
coordinate, in views 2 and 3 the x coordinate, and in views 4, 5, 6, 8,
9, 0 the y coord

I guess that means the today's LDGLite in -le mode in views 6, 8, 9, and
0 works just like it should.

Chris