 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 462
Re: LDGLite outputting gobble-dee-goo to terminal window
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 02:58:31 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Christopher Masi wrote:
-le and -LE don't seem to affect the way the model is drawn during
rotation. The model is rotated as block and never as wireframes. Was
this by design (I have no preference)?

-le should only affect the current selected PART when you move it with
the arrow keys.  -le moves an XOR wireframe and -LE moves a solid part.
In general, -le seems faster and less buggy.

Rotation drawing mode is controled by the menu that you get from whatever
the OSX equivalent of right-mouse button is.  (Maybe a combo mouse/ctrl
key or something like that?)

The gobble-dee-goo is gone. The only thing that appears in the terminal
window and is unexpected is the following:

EXPOSED window during editing
EXPOSED window during editing

Thanks for reminding me about that.  It should be moved to a debug
only message.  I put it there to let me know when the window thought
it had to redraw due to an expose event.  This is supposed to be so
ldglite does not have to redraw everything when you move windows
around, or when those annoying Microsoft tooltips pop up everywhere.
Does this actually work now?

I figured out part of the gobble-dee-goo thing. There is a file called
ldliterc.dat in the LDRAW/models folder.

How did that get there?  Are these Jacob's color preferences that
somehow found their way into the linux parts archive?

When it is present, the
previous version of LDGLite does the gobble-dee-goo thing, when it is
absent, ldglite reports

Could not find ldliterc.dat
Referenced by *

and no gobble-dee-goo appears. The current pre-release complains if the
file is missing (as above), and the colors change a bit. Compare
http://users.rcn.com/cjmasi/with_ldliterc.dat.png   to
http://users.rcn.com/cjmasi/without_ldliterc.png

I am guessing that the previous Linux LDRAW directories didn't have that
ldliterc.dat file in them, because (1) I remember seeing that message
everytime I started ldglite and wondering "I wonder what that means",
and (2) I recently downloaded a new Linux LDRAW directory

Hmmm, fishy...  There's a default color file discussion going via email
that I haven't caught up with yet because I was on vacation when it
got rolling.  I wonder if that has something to do with this.  For that
matter, I wonder why the discussion is via email and not here.  I'll
read up and see what it's all about.

I am not having any problems opening files created by MBC.

I'm not sure what you mean by that.  The ldliterc file is supposed
to be optional.  Perhaps I just need to change the message a bit.

Oops... before I get to excited, moving a piece creates some bitchin'
trail lines :) that go away when the view is changed.

http://users.rcn.com/cjmasi/trail_lines.png

Was this done with -LE (Solid moving part mode)?  Does -le have similar
symptom?  Does tonight's current.tgz file fix the problem?  Don't grab
it before 2AM.  I think that's when the cron job is set to assemble it.

Don