 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 464
Re: LDGLite outputting gobble-dee-goo to terminal window
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 13:08:22 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Tom Bozzo wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Christopher Masi wrote:
  By the way, what are you running LDGLite on? I have noticed some
resolution dependent odd behavior. I have a 8MB VRAM PowerBook, so it is
probably linked to that, but I alway wonder if others suffer from
similar problems (details in my other post).

Chris,

I have a 400 MHz PowerBook G4, so I'm also in the 8MB VRAM boat.  I have
experienced the part highlighting problem at higher resolutions you mentioned in
the other post at higher resolutions with 0.9.5f, so VRAM seems a likely
culprit.  (Having had the same reality distortion field experience after the
WWDC keynote as I did in early '01 with the Ti, I'm hoping to convince my wife
that we need a G5 for the house :).)

Yeah, I did some "back of the envelope calculations" a while back, and
you don't have enough VRAM for all the goodies at the higher resolutions.

  http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/mac/?n=161

I wonder if I could fix it by asking for a smaller depth/stencil buffer
when the program starts.  I'll have to look into that.  I think I only
use like one bit of stencil buffer.