 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 459
Re: LDGLite outputting gobble-dee-goo to terminal window
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 02:18:55 GMT

In article <HIFxwq.n4@lugnet.com>,
"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam.go.away.com> wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Christopher Masi wrote:
Hmm... when I rotate a model in LDEdit mode, the terminal window gets
filled with the following with color definitions. I don't remember this
happening before.

Mac OS  X 10.2.6 GLUT for OS X 5 (v 3.0)

That is weird.  Which version of ldglite?

Do you mind trying testing the latest sources?  I'm working toward
a 1.0.0 release "real soon now".

  http://ldglite.sf.net/dist/current.tgz

Don

Hi Don,

  I just compiled it with make -f makefile.macx (it is a good thing the
Linux directions work for Mac because I have no idea what I am doing). I
didn't do any extensive testing, but with a bit of playing in edit mode
everything seems to be working.
----
Opened a model in -le mode,
./ldglite -le -v3 mini.dat
changed the color of the roof from white to black, and saved the model
to a different file without a problem.

-le and -LE don't seem to affect the way the model is drawn during
rotation. The model is rotated as block and never as wireframes. Was
this by design (I have no preference)?
----
The gobble-dee-goo is gone. The only thing that appears in the terminal
window and is unexpected is the following:

EXPOSED window during editing
EXPOSED window during editing

I figured out part of the gobble-dee-goo thing. There is a file called
ldliterc.dat in the LDRAW/models folder. When it is present, the
previous version of LDGLite does the gobble-dee-goo thing, when it is
absent, ldglite reports

Could not find ldliterc.dat
Referenced by *

and no gobble-dee-goo appears. The current pre-release complains if the
file is missing (as above), and the colors change a bit. Compare
http://users.rcn.com/cjmasi/with_ldliterc.dat.png   to
http://users.rcn.com/cjmasi/without_ldliterc.png

I am guessing that the previous Linux LDRAW directories didn't have that
ldliterc.dat file in them, because (1) I remember seeing that message
everytime I started ldglite and wondering "I wonder what that means",
and (2) I recently downloaded a new Linux LDRAW directory

----
I am not having any problems opening files created by MBC.

----
One annoyance that is probably beyond your control (this version and the
last) is that Apple must have changed something. Previously I noted that
the ... HEY!!!! How did you do that !!!!! OK, I was about to complain
that the selection lines wouldn't disappear if I set my window too
large, and that Apple screwed up the work around that I used to use.
Setting my colors to 16bit used to allow me to use a big window and get
selection lines to behave properly, but Apple must have done something,
because LDGLEdit doesn't display correctly when my screen is set to
16bit colors. So I say to myself, check BEFORE complaining :) Low and
behold IT WORKS! I can set colors to 32bit, open a model in -v1024,700
and the selection lines move from one piece to the next.

Oops... before I get to excited, moving a piece creates some bitchin'
trail lines :) that go away when the view is changed.

http://users.rcn.com/cjmasi/trail_lines.png

Thanks for thinking of us!
Chris